“Superb quality!!”

Residence Inn Dayton North
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
“Superb quality!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We have a 2 bedroom suite, very clean and extremely well kept. Enjoyed the hot tub and pool. Travis at the front desk took great care to see we had everything we needed.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank JimTSchmidt
Jamie W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, 31 December 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our 2 Bedroom Suite, JimTSchmidt!

And thank you for the great comments on the staff!

Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Dayton area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
West Lafayette, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Hotel is easily accessed off I-75, and there are loads of places to eat within minutes of the location. Staff are friendly and helpful. Room was as expected, spacious and well appointed; no signs of wear, though the sofa bed was a little uncomfortable for my son. Pool is a nice size, clean and well kept. Common areas also all clean. Breakfast area is comfortable and spacious, the breakfast itself was typical for such hotels. Wi-fi speed was very good, fine for Netflix with no buffering. Sport court was fun for kids, though it didn't have a tennis net as pictured on website - no idea if it's available upon request, though the court is only half-sized for tennis anyway. No worries, all the kids wanted to play basketball anyway. Will stay here again if back in town!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank abeagler
Thank you for the great comments, abeagler!

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! And the kids had a good time with the basketball court!

Looking forward to seeing you and your family on your next travels to the Dayton area!
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We love the Residence Inn brand and this one was one of the best. The staff was excellent. The room and amenities are exactly what you expect. The location is great. It is right near the highway with lots of restaurant and shopping choices nearby.

It was very convenient to the Air Force Museum and to the Dayton Aviation sites.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jamie W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review, Candyice!

It's great to hear that the staff, amenities and location all exceeded your expectations during your visit to Dayton!

Thank you for being a loyal Residence Inn guest and we look forward to seeing you again!
Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Location: The hotel is in a very great location, off of HWY 75 exit 59. Walmart and Sams Club are in walking distance from the hotel. Less than 5 minutes, depending on your walking speed. You should not break a sweat to get there.

Restaurants are in the walking distance, which includes, but not limited to Olive Garden, Chick-Filet, Chipotle, Red Lobster, Asian Buffett, Ruby Tuesday, Longhorn Steakhouse and McDonalds. A nail saloon and a wine store are also in the area.

Appearance: The lobby and the breakfast was were very clean and organized.

Greeting:

I was greeted warmly by the hotel attendant. I realized that I wasn't told if I had been upgraded, and since I am Gold Elite, so I asked about the possibility of an upgrade, and it was granted. Previously, I had a King one bedroom suite, so I upgraded to a king suite with a fire place. Every staff member that I encountered was very friendly and approachable.

Room: The room arrangement was perfectly fine, the housekeeping standards were sub-par. I assume that they use a checklist to ensure that they clean all areas that they are suppose to, but obviously they don't. The furniture is extremely worn though, which I know matters to some people.

1. Bath mat had black stains on it, and since I did not know if was used or if the stains did not come out after it was washed, I asked housekeeping for another one. They were in the hallway, so there was not any need to "tattle"on them.

2. The fridge and microwave was not cleaned. No big deal, I can wipe it down.

3. The only thing that really made me unhappy was that, my room was not cleaned when I returned from a business meeting around 530pm, and of course when I called the front desk, housekeeping was gone. The nite attendant was very apologetic and asked if he could do anything to help. I just asked for towels and he assured that the room would be cleaned the next day. The room was cleaned the next day, and I was satisfied.

4. On day six of my trip, I am in the room when housekeeping ask if I would like service, so I replied yes please. As housekeeping was leaving, she asked if there was anything else that I needed, so I asked did she clean the bathroom, of course I knew she did not. So I asked if she would please clean the tub, toilet, and vacuum the floor. She obliged and I stated thank you.

I do realize that some people only want certain things cleaned when they are in the room, but if you ask me if I want service, then I assume that you do do a thorough cleaning.

Noise: I normally ask for a high floor and away from elevators and stairs, and this room was on the third floor and near the stairs. You could hear people running upstairs, so if I return, I would want to stay on the 4th floor. I did not complain because, I had been upgraded. The noise was not intolerable. Also, the only street noise that I heard, was from a motorcycle and that was only one time.

Breakfast: The breakfast was a standard hot breakfast and was normally stocked without asking for anything. The breakfast attendants were friendly and personable.

Evening Social: The evening social was great and they offered complimentary beer and wine.

Checkout: Checkout was easy and I asked for a late checkout because my flight would depart at 4pm, but was told that the latest that I could stay was 1pm. We negotiated up to 1:30PM. The attendant stated that I could stay a little longer since my flight was not leaving until 4pm.

Return: I will most likely return, but I will make sure that I ask more questions and bring issues to management the next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank marriott4ever
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Marriott4ever!

I value feedback from all of our travelers and I appreciate your information about your stay.

It's great to hear that everyone you encountered was friendly. During our daily meetings, I will share all your comments with the team and the opportunities we had to improve your experience with the daily housekeeping of your suite. I'm glad you were able to enjoy breakfast and the evening social.

We look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit back to Dayton and please feel free to contact me at any time to make your stay more comfortable!
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family & I stayed at this wonderful hotel in late May, for 3 nights. We had a 2 bedroom suite. We were in town with my folks to visit tour the awesome Air Force Museum.The hotel staff is very friendly, helpful, & kind. Rooms, clean, beds, comfy, breakfast, is awesome!! They even offer a modest dinner during weekdays, w/ beer, &, or wine, how great was that, esp. with my elderly parents traveling with us. Price for suite, was perfect for a family not to much. We were very happy. 5 star hotel in our ratings!! My husband & I had stayed at hotel a couple months before, so we had it out, it was awesome then too!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TAT286
Thank you for the amazing review, TAT286!

I'm so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!

The Air Force Museum is a great place to visit and can make for a very busy day!

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Dayton!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I booked my softball team here and all the parents and myself have nothing bad to say about this place. Staff are very friendly, accommodating and extremely nice. Rooms are clean.
The set up of the hotel is perfect, we enjoyed the BBQ and the gatherings around the gas firepit in the courtyard. Our girls enjoyed the basketball court. It's walking distance to everything.
We will come back for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your team's experience, Ying H!

I am so happy to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay with us! It's great that everyone got to enjoy the fire pit, courtyard and sports court!

We love having the softball teams stay with us and we look forward to seeing you next year!
WDC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Concur with other reviewers - good choice for North Dayton, whether overnighting or extended stay. Good rooms. The "suite" portion, while small, definitely helps if travelling with family. Best part is location - right off freeway with good variety of eating establishments near by. Free wi-fi is also a plus.

Friendly staff. On first night of check-in, front dest person was extremely friendly and helped start us out on the right foot. When we checked back in the following week, the front desk person was less friendly but no real complaints about service. Good all around.

Only complaint is the sofa-bed has to be one of the most uncomfortable ones I've ever slept in. Mattress was too thin; could feel all the bars/bumps, etc.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jamie W, General Manager at Residence Inn Dayton North, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience, GD77!

I am glad to hear that you found our suites to be suitable for your family and the location of the hotel convenient for your restaurant needs. We recently upgraded our Wi-Fi and we are receiving high compliments on the change.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!