“Don't stay anywhere else if you visit Dayton!”

Residence Inn Dayton North
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Stayed at the Residence Inn North in Dayton on 4/17 after seeing the wonderful reviews on TripAdvisor. Normally I take reviews with a 'grain of salt' because every traveler has different needs & expectations--but this time the reviews were right on the money! This hotel is amazing--it still looks & smells brand new (built in 2009) and the rooms are impeccably clean & comfortable. There were 3 women in our group so we opted for the 2 Bedroom/2 Bath suite which was only an extra $20. This apartment was so large I could have moved in & lived here easily! It had a Queen & King Bed each w/private baths, large closets, 4 person dining table, large living room, 3 flat screens/phones + a modern kitchen w/every appliance you'd need. Breakfast is included and features a wonderful assortment of hot & cold items. I can't think of a single negative unless it was the fact our room didn't have any microwave popcorn upon arrival (it was re-stocked upon request). There is no restaurant on site but there are many choices nearby. The pool/hot tub/fitness area was very nice & uncrowded! All in all I'd HIGHLY recommend this hotel for the cleanliness, location (good accessibility to I-70 & I-75) & great value.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Th3HappyTraveler

Reviewed 19 April 2010

Our family enjoyed staying here (our boys thought they were living in the lap of luxury!). The room (1 room w/ king bed and pullout bed for 2 children) was very spacious and clean. (we did not detect any smell of smoke). Price was fair. Swimming pool was clean (however, we could almost never find clean, dry towels there, so we just asked for extra at the desk or brought ours from the room). Breakfast was very decent (healthy options and hot options, as well; and relatively easy to find a place to sit). Hotel is close to many eateries (Chipotle was our fav). We came to Dayton to tour the National Air Force Museum. It was an easy drive to the museum from the hotel, but beware, some roads were closed off the freeway, and we had to pull out a map to find our way to the museum.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2010

This hotel is a great value. Clean, modern and free breakfast !! The staff was wonderful,especially Heidi who checked us in, she was very kind and professional ! The large pool and hot tub are wonderful. Breakfast was the normal, but good, hot and presented nicely. Lots of good restaurants to eat at close by and right off of I75. If I ever have a need to stay in Dayton OH again it will definately be here !
There is a nice little trendy quiet place called the "Cork and Vine" you can sit and have a glass of wine or pick up a bottle for later. it's off the main road, there is a sign pionting back to it. I think it is on the side road past Wal-Mart. They even had some food that could be ordered as well !

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kitty1965
Reviewed 9 March 2010

convenient located next to sam's, within walking distance to plenty of restaurants and walmart, right off a major highway. this hotel comes with all the amenities of a standard residence inn marriot, except everything is almost brand new. staff are friendly and professional.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2010

Very quiet, spacious, and clean. Staff very nice and helpful. Great location to restaurants and I-75. Nice spacious kitchen area. Free breakfast and evening meals...typical, but nicely presented. Pool and workout room nice. Really big laundry room and very clean.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2010

My wife and I spent 5 nights here in January, 2010. We got a AAA rate from the Marriott website of $76 per night for a 1 king bed/1 full sleeper couch suite. I am very, very picky about hotels and I've been spoiled by being able to stay in 5-star hotels for my international business trips. This property met or exceeded every single one of my expectations. The staff at the front desk, housekeeping and breakfast area were as friendly and helpful as anyone could possibly be. The room was spotlessly clean every day of our stay. The complimentary breakfast was about average for these types of things but there were a multitude of places on nearby Miller Lane to choose from when we wanted something different in the morning. I wish every Residence Inn in the USA was as good as this one and offered the same value for money. I'd never stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2009

If you stay anywhere else but this hotel, you will be disapointed. We had a two bedroom suite because we had our 85 yr old Father n Law with us. This is a beautiful clean hotel. Do not even look anywhere else, book it! My wife is very pickey when it comes to hotel rooms and she was blown away by what we got for the money we spent.
Rev Sonny Moon