“Great Place to Stay”

Courtyard Dayton North
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed at the Dayton, OH North Courtyard for three days while visiting the Air Force National Museum and the Dayton Airshow. Check-in was quick, desk staff were very nice, and the room was spotless. Since we are Marriott rewards members the hotel even listed our arrival date on a poster which was another "personal" touch. When we got to our room I noticed that our ironing board was broken so I asked the front desk staff if it could be repaired or replaced and when we arrived back that evening we had a replacement as well as a nice note to let us know that maintenance was in our room. We were very pleased with our stay and would highly recommend this Courtyard in Dayton!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McKatz
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Dayton North

Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed at the Courtyard on our first night of an 11 day driving vacation. We had driven 10 hours and were hoping for a pleasant night's rest. We were not disappointed. The room was clean and sharp. The only complaints I have is that we were told we could get a roll-away bed and one was not available - we were given a set of 3 towels/washcloths though there were 4 of us - AND there were not enough electrical outlets for a modern family of four who needed to charge cell phones and camera batteries and game systems AND use their lap tops, as well. We had to unplug lights in order to accommodate all of our things. On a positive, the room was great - staff was friendly ~ the wifi was available and accessible ~ AND the hotel is very near a great group of diverse restaurants and stores. Because we were not from the area, it was nice to be able to drive 5 minutes and have a choice in what we ate, etc. On future trips through Ohio, we will definitely keep this hotel in mind!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jweb8969
Reviewed 1 June 2011

This hotel was nice from the outside looking in...although once we were in they needed help with their professionalism, ettiquette, customer service.

When we went to check in at our room was not ready, which would not have been a problem if the staff member at the front desk could have expressed it in a tad bit more professional manner. Her demeanor was totally inappropriate almost as if we were wrong for wanting to check-in at 3:05 p.m. when our confirmation clearly stated check in was at 3:00 p.m. Initially we were not upset we just wanted to know if we needed to come back or not. Obviously they could not handle the stress of more than one question from a customer. Then at approximately 3:27 a.m. we were awaken along with everyone else in the hotel to firealarms being set off by a heating element that overheated but was not on fire. Again thankful that your alarms worked but when we got downstairs they had an employee downstairs telling everyone "all is ok just go back to your rooms." When additional inquiries were made the hotel personnel said he could not tell us what was going on. The police and fire department come and then he says "it was just a heating element and this happens every year on the first hot day." And the police officer stated "he remembered coming out last year about this time." So the logical side of me wonder, if this is happened before why not fix the problem, but what do I know....Then when we were on our way back to our room he said "we ought be glad it went off, it is a safety measure." Now ordinarily I would have went along with this but two breaths ago he said this has happened before. So to me your hotel is refusing to fix what is obviously a reoccuring problem. He was very advesarial, confrontational, and outright disrespectful, and I would not spend my money in that establishment ever again. I would suggest if you would like to be treated with respect choose a different establishment!!!

There was one nice employee whose name was Jennifer.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pinkcharity23
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding. We were only there a short time, arriving late and leaving mid morning. The hotel was nice and in a good location. Close to a lot of food choices and highway access. The rooms were alright but you could tell they have not been updated in a while. They staff that we delt with was very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2011

The bed was the most uncomfortable I have encountered in a "business oriented" hotel in decades. The TV was vintage 1980, I had to unplug the alarm clock to get an outlet to plug in my cell phone charger. Great location, nice enough people, but it's time to take down the Marriott nameplate and put up a "Super 8" sign.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2010

As has been noted by other reviewers this hotel is showing some signs of age. The room was quiet but nothing special - the tube TV and budget clock radio were not as nice as the electronics that I had seen in many rooms recently. Check-in was fast and friendly and everything did seem clean overall. The wireless Internet was fast and easy to connect to, although with all of the attention now being devoted to the risks of unsecured Wi Fi networks, a basic password log in would offer better security. The hotel is located in a suburban commercial area, a short drive to I-75 and within walking distance of a wide variety of restaurants. I didn’t have time to sample the indoor pool or hot tub and I elected to pass on the $8 breakfast offering in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank H0lidayr0ad
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Once upon a time Courtyard meant nice and updated, with all the amenities that made the price worth the purchase. Unfortunately, that was years ago. The Courtyard tendency (and I have stayed in many) is to milk this concept till it dies. This Dayton North Courtyard has the concept and it is tired and in need of an upgrade.

It's not that the service was bad. No, got a friendly hello when I walked in after 10pm. I actually got the Breakfast free as a Marriott rewards member. But the room was...well, like all Courtyards, good about 5 years ago, but lacking in amenities that, say, Hilton Garden has. No complaints about the cleanliness. It's just...tired.

I was not happy that the fitness center did not have a stationary bike. I was not happy that the "business center" was one computer, located in the restaurant, near the front entrance. When I wanted to use it, I found a young child playing video games. He managed to occupy that slot for a very long time. But if you have a laptop, yes, internet comes with the room.

Breakfast was less than average (no bacon on the buffet and fruit was limited), but since it was free I should not complain. I would only say that if you are used to an upscale sort of feeling that I used to get when I stopped at Courtyard, you won't find it here. Yes, it is convenient, and yes, it is somewhat comfortable, and yes, the price is probably right, but it's closer to Motel 6 now than it used to be. I can only hope Courtyard can find a way to make its chains more modern. Face lift necessary...

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple