My first stay at this place on a 18 day business trip. My first trip to Ohio. Based on reading the reviews here, it was not my first choice to stay, but the higher rated hotels in this area were not available for the entire length of my trip. This place felt more like a motel than a hotel. I can only conclude they do not get a lot of extended stay guests. I think a lot of the folks here doing reviews were on very short trips. This was my experience:
My "Do Not Disturb" sign was missing when I checked in. I had to go ask for one.
The day following my first night, I had to alert the Front Desk that Housekeeping did not replace my coffee and did not wash my coffee cup. Call me paranoid but I went bought me my own a cup.
No free continental breakfast like at the higher rated Hampton Inn (next door) and Drury Inn (down the street).
No fridge in the room. I asked about this at Front Desk and they told me they could "bring one up" (which they did). Why not offer it to me at check-in, bearing in mind that I booked an extended stay?
I hated the bed. Too soft for my liking and made for uncomfortable sleeping.
I could overlook all of the above but what prompted me to write this review was their billing practice.
Apparently, once your charges hit $500, your credit card account is billed. I was not told about this at check in (nor is it disclosed on their website). I found out after seeing a hold on my credit card for an amount significantly higher than $500. I asked about it and was told that it "automatically happens" once charges hit $500. I asked why wasn't I told and received an answer that did not make sense. I have never experienced this practice in all my years of business travel at any hotel locally or abroad. End result was my credit card was hit up for several $500 charges, while simultaneously showing significantly higher credit holds per charge against my credit limit during my stay. At one point, the authorizations/holds plus actual charges combined, ate into my credit limit for an amount that significantly exceeded Marriott's quote for the entire trip.
No one could explain why each authorizations/hold against my account were significantly higher than the actual $500 charges. The Manager was no help. Though I found this practice it strange, it would not have bothered me so much had I been told about it at check in.
In the last couple days of my stay I saw food droppings on the stairs. This tells me that they do not clean these public areas frequently. I will certainly not be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At our hotel in Dayton, guest comfort is our number one priority. Our rooms include free WiFi, spacious work areas, comfortable bedding, and HDTV’s with premium channels. Kick start your day with a workout in the exercise room or take a dip in our indoor pool. Feeling hungry? The BISTRO is your destination for refreshing breakfast choices in the morning, and a variety of dinner and cocktail options in the evening. We look forward to being your choice of hotel in Dayton, OH. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Courtyard Dayton North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Dayton North Hotel Dayton
- Dayton Marriott
- Dayton Courtyard
- Courtyard Dayton North Ohio