“Damp Sheets & Blankets”

Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
DeWitt, Michigan
“Damp Sheets & Blankets”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I stayed here while driving through Ohio for a business trip. My kids came along with me and I requested extra blankets. When I got them, there were damp and cold in some parts. We had a late check in and were hoping to get good rest. At about 9:30, the mowing service started mowing right outside our window. The room cleaning service came knocking at our door a few minutes later. I got the impression that they wanted us out of there ASAP.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Heather M, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
I am sorry you were disappointed wtih your stay at the hotel. The mowing service is not to start until 10AM and housekeeping should have waited until the same to check on the need for service. We hope that if your travels bring you this way in the future you will allow us a second chance to make a great impression.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I am from Dayton, Ohio and stayed in a hotel while moving my parents to an assisted living home. I know the area, but have never stayed at a Courtyard by Mariott before. It was the cheapest one along I75 & Miller Lane. The first night I felt like my room had a weird order to it. I told the front desk and they were so helpful. Obviously, they cannot control everything their customers do. It is a non smoking hotel. They told me to pack my stuff and they would move me themselves and when I got back everything would be moved and taken care of. After a long day of moving my parents I came back to my room and it was exactly as they said. They had moved everything for me. The maids were extremely friendly and so was the front desk. The rooms (both of them) were very clean and I had a balcony which I sat on and watched the fire works in Downtown Dayton. I definitely would stay here again! Also, if you are not familiar with Dayton - Miller Lane is like restaurant/hotel row. Lots of places to stay and many restaurants including a Sams & Walmart right there!

Room Tip: The suite was only $12 more and was very spacious and nice! Including breakfast which I didn't...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Heather M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
I am very glad your stay was enjoyable. We hope that when you are in Dayton again we can be your host.
Fredonia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend and was very impressed. I traveled with three kids and was expecting a stressfull weekend as we were traveling for a wedding. From the moment we walked into the hotel til the moment we left the hotel we were served with excellent service. Ever employee that worked there always took a moment to make sure we were taken care of. Always went the extra mile. There was never a an unhappy worker working. I will be traveling to this hotel again. Thanks again to Dave and his staff for an excellent stay and so welcoming. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Any room at this hotel will be a great choice. Very clean and well maintained
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
We would like to thankk you for staying with us. When your travels bring you into the area we hope that we can be your host.
Branchburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in April. The hotel is very clean, staff is very friendly. I called & requested a refrig only 3 days before check in. They said they would accommodate if available. Well they did have one for me. The front desk was very friendly & greeted us every time we walked in. Love the location, many restaurants within walking distance. Free Wi-Fi, free access to computers in dining area. Wish the restaurant was open for lunch service. Very comfortable beds. I have back issues & every morning I woke up, I felt great!! No pain.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Smurf123
Heather M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate all feedback and make service our first priority. We hope that you will choose our location the next time you are in the Dayton area!
atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed here when travelking to the Air Force Museum and seeing friends. The front desk staff was very friendly and teh room nice sized a clean. A comfortable bed after staying at another chain in another Ohio city the prvious two nights. Would have liked more from the dining area and bar. Did not even try the food, but the drinks we pretty expensive, a nice surprise when the tab arrived. Would be more apt to return if they had comp breakfast and coffee. The only issue we had was they kept leaving one coffee in the room when they knew we had two guests. The second day I went to get another at the front desk and they apologized again and offere to pick up the tab at the dining are for two Starbucks, so they provided more than expected on that front. Overall, a nice place

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Heather M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Thank you for your review! Guest service is our first priority and we are pleased you had a good experience with our staff! I have addressed putting in two coffee packets in each room per your suggestion. We hope you will choose our property when staying in Dayton the next time!
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

The renovated lobby is very nice--and typical of the recently updated Courtyards. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. My room was on the third floor and had a balcony. The room was clean--and the bathroom was nice. I'm not sure how recently these rooms were renovated--but I don't think it has been that recently. A lot of other Courtyards have more updated furnishings---including larger desks, and lights with more outlets on them. But that being said--the rooms were fine. The flat screen tv's were nice and there are plenty of channels on them.

I would recommend this Courtyard to others, but just note that the rooms are not as updated as many other Courtyards.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Heather M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your taking the time to review our property. We hope that you will choose us again when staying in the Dayton area.
Augusta, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

The rooms was quiet and comfortable, the staff was really nice. Free wifi, and breakfast, which is so nice since business hotels generally nickle and dime you to death. Breakfast was, alas, of the standard set by free breakfasts. The pool was small but fine. The whirlpool was a nice surprise in that it was made of tile and clean. Crystal! The one problem was the too small & poorly equipped exercise room. The strangest thing was the lack of weights...there was a set of 10# then one 25#, one 30# and a bunch of heavier weights. Where did they go?

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Heather M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback as service is our main priority! We have addressed the weight issue in our fitness room and truly appreciate the notification. We certainly hope that you will stay with us again while traveling to Dayton!