“Great Stay in Dayton!”

Courtyard Dayton North
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I travel a lot and sometimes choose to stay in a hotel as a getaway with my family. This hotel has great service from the check in to breakfast in the morning. My kids loved ordering from the menu as most hotels we stay at have a plain jane buffet and i LOVED the Star Bucks coffee! Our room had 2 queen beds and plenty of room to walk around. Impressive since the hotel is a little older.

The reviews don't say enough about the hotel. It isn't brand new but a clean room with great service is what is important not a new hotel room. The reviews don't do this hotel justice!

I will definitely return...soon if my kids have anything to say.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Smith D, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Dayton North. We do hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I spent a night here for business. Let me begin with the positives - the staff was extremely nice- I am used to nice at most Marriott -this far exceeded that. I guess that small town mid west. They went out of their way to insure I was comfortable and enjoying my stay. Breakfast was made quickly in the morning and I was able to get out for the day. The location seemed good though I did not get out to explore much but it was among shopping center and restaurants (though most of them were chains).

In terms of things to improve upon, the rooms could definitely use some updating, from carpets, to bathrooms, though clean, they have not gone through some of the renovations many Courtyards have gone through. If you are staying in Dayton, this is probably a good choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Smith D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This hotels to have been recently remodeled in the lobby but our room was not up to our expectations for a Courtyard. We were given an accessible room with a terrible shower and spartan furnishings.
The worst part though was noise. Both external and from the floor above. It was very hard to sleep.

Stayed: March 2014
Smith D, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

I do apologize for the inconveniences you had with your stay here. We are told that our rooms will be remodeled soon, and look forward to the update. I am sorry the other guests were very loud.

We hope that you will try us again if you are in the Dayton area so we can meet your expectations of Marriott Courtyards.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Here on business..I stay in a lot of Marriott properties, but i have never been treated so well. Heavy snow overnight, so i got up early to go down to clean off my car...Get this...The hotel general manager was out cleaning off everyone's car for them! Talk about exceeding expectations...that is how you do it. No question but that this will be my place of choice when in town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark G
Smith D, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thanks very much for the kind words. I hope that every time you are in Dayton we can exceed your ecpectations.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a comfortable hotel with no frills. The staff is friendly and the bar service and breakfast are great. The rooms have a desk and couch and free Internet. The sink is separate from the rest of the bathroom. Late night snacks can be purchased at the front desk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank kimjim
Smith D, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your choosing to stay here at the Courtyard Dayton North. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 11 October 2013

It was very expensive during Parents Weekend for the University of Dayton, and unfortunately the room, elevator, hallway, & lobby were only average to low average, even at a standard rate. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hot water in the lobby for tea was lukewarm. The great big wonderful plus was the pool toys (noodles and kick boards) which entertained our kids for a long time. That was a surprise and treat. The food in the cafe was poor. We had barely warm eggs that didn't taste real and highly processed potatoes. I suggest opting for the yogurt parfait. There was not a microwave, but it did have a small coffee pot. It took us about 15 minutes to drive to campus for those visiting UD.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Molly S
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is a great location and hotel was clean, the staff was friendly. They couldn't find my reservation because they said my name was spelled wrong, although the reservation confirmation had the name correct. I did miss the free breakfast that is offered by other hotels in the area. The fitness center could use another machine but over all had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Msearli
Heather M, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your business and hope that you will think of us again when your travels bring you to Dayton.