“Decent, but needs a major room upgrade”

Courtyard Dayton North
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed here before an early flight and it worked out OK.

The location is very close to the airport. It is right off the highway and there are a dozen or so chain restaurants within walking distance as well as a Walmart, Sam's, and other retail giants. A very utilitarian location- not necessarily interesting or fun.

The lobby is awesome- it looks like it was just redone and is on par with the nicest of Courtyards across the country. This applies to the fitness center as well. No complaints- everything worked well.

The rooms however, are another story. They are very outdated. Honestly, they felt like an older Fairfield. The noise level was pretty intense too. I usually combat this very easily with the bathroom fan, but that sounded absolutely awful (it must be broken- room 409). The cleanliness of the room wasn't perfect either.

The staff was excellent. I interacted with two people at the front desk and someone on the cleaning crew and all three were awesome.

In any event, it was a decent stay for the price, but is very below average for the Courtyard brand.

Room Tip: I'd try to be as far on the West side of the hotel as possible- that is the side away from Inter...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Smith D, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for responding to Trip Advisor on your stay at the hotel in Dayton. It is our hope that there will be room upgrade in the near future. We are waiting from ownership to release funds. I am glad that you were pleased with the staff as we can control that at the property level. We hope that whn you travel to Dayton you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Solid choice for a stay in Dayton, Ohio. Nothing fancy, but what do you expect. Clean room and bathroom. Good parking. Easy to find off I-70. Nice staff. Decent little pool and breakfast area. Saved us our room even though we arrived after 2 AM on a night when every room in town was sold out!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future! Safe travels!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice place. Good rooms. Excellent location. However the coffee machine did not work. Also, no complimentary breakfast which was disappointing. Very close to the interstate and lots of restaurants aorund/

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for staying at the Courtyard Dayton North. We hope to see you again soon! In the meantime safe travels.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I travel a lot and sometimes choose to stay in a hotel as a getaway with my family. This hotel has great service from the check in to breakfast in the morning. My kids loved ordering from the menu as most hotels we stay at have a plain jane buffet and i LOVED the Star Bucks coffee! Our room had 2 queen beds and plenty of room to walk around. Impressive since the hotel is a little older.

The reviews don't say enough about the hotel. It isn't brand new but a clean room with great service is what is important not a new hotel room. The reviews don't do this hotel justice!

I will definitely return...soon if my kids have anything to say.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Smith D, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard Dayton North. We do hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I spent a night here for business. Let me begin with the positives - the staff was extremely nice- I am used to nice at most Marriott -this far exceeded that. I guess that small town mid west. They went out of their way to insure I was comfortable and enjoying my stay. Breakfast was made quickly in the morning and I was able to get out for the day. The location seemed good though I did not get out to explore much but it was among shopping center and restaurants (though most of them were chains).

In terms of things to improve upon, the rooms could definitely use some updating, from carpets, to bathrooms, though clean, they have not gone through some of the renovations many Courtyards have gone through. If you are staying in Dayton, this is probably a good choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Smith D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your comments and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This hotels to have been recently remodeled in the lobby but our room was not up to our expectations for a Courtyard. We were given an accessible room with a terrible shower and spartan furnishings.
The worst part though was noise. Both external and from the floor above. It was very hard to sleep.

Stayed: March 2014
Smith D, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

I do apologize for the inconveniences you had with your stay here. We are told that our rooms will be remodeled soon, and look forward to the update. I am sorry the other guests were very loud.

We hope that you will try us again if you are in the Dayton area so we can meet your expectations of Marriott Courtyards.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Here on business..I stay in a lot of Marriott properties, but i have never been treated so well. Heavy snow overnight, so i got up early to go down to clean off my car...Get this...The hotel general manager was out cleaning off everyone's car for them! Talk about exceeding expectations...that is how you do it. No question but that this will be my place of choice when in town.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark G
Smith D, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thanks very much for the kind words. I hope that every time you are in Dayton we can exceed your ecpectations.