All reviewsclose to the airportmajor restaurantsfree breakfastroll away bedmiller laneother hotelswithin walking distanceroom was cleantypical marriottdayton northovernight staylots of restaurantsnice stayconvenient locationbistroupgradesfi
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I enjoyed my stay here it wasn't to bad close to great restaurant. Only thing is park near the front door not the side street. The reason why is someone broke into our car and took some items from our car I enjoyed the hotel but for the fact this happen to us. The rooms were nice and comfortable great Starbucks's coffee no free breakfast but a nice location with plenty of choices for food.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
David S, Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, but very disappointed you had a security issue. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I like the location and the physical hotel is nice. We stayed three nights for a family reunion. House keeping did not clean the room the day after we checked in. We had to go to the front desk for clean towels and coffee. They did offer us another room, but we told them we would just take the towels and hope for better results the next day. The next day the only thing housekeeping did was change the towels and empty the trash. No coffee, no beds made. I was very disappointed with this being a Marriott Hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
David S, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

I want to apologize for your room not being cleaned as it should have been during your stay. We do a refresh on stayovers that is not a complete clean, however it appears we did not complete the task in your room. Once again I apologize and will review with staff the procedures for a room staying over for more than one night.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I stayed here for one night on our way back home from Nashville. The location was excellent, just minutes off the main highway and surrounded by every kind of restaurant you could imagine. But the hotel was just okay. The humid smell of chlorine from the pool was very strong and I mistakenly thought breakfast was included, as is pretty standard these days. The room was clean with a fridge so no complaints - but nothing spectacular either.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
David S, Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Lynda,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We will use your comments to help make sure our guests have an enjoyable stay. I hope you'll visit us again if you're in the area.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel while in town visiting family and friends. I was there with my husband and two children. I thought I booked a room with double beds but when I arrived I was given a king room. Not a huge issue and possibly my fault for not paying closer attention to the reservation. I asked if there was a pull out sofa because I have 2 kids and was given a roll away bed when I checked in. When we got to the room there was a pull out couch but no linens for it. The room was spacious and had a nice balcony. The bathroom was good size too but has seen better days. It was clean, just dated. The water pressure in the room left a little to be desired though. Overall, the hotel is nice. It's your typical Courtyard Marriott. It is within walking distance to every restaurant that you can think of! There is also a Walmart down the street in case you forgot any of the essentials. It's convenient to the interstate as well. The only complaint that I had was that that the second floor smelled of cigarettes and pot in the hallway. That's probably not a regular thing but it was so strong my kids asked what the smell was. Again, probably not directly linked to the hotel but rather the current guests. Overall, I would likely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
David S, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

We appreciate your business and comments on your stay. I apologize that you had to call for linen for your sleeper sofa. Even though our hotel is a smoke free environment sometimes some of our guests do not follow the rules. We hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

When TownePlace of Dayton North cancelled our nearly 2-month-old reservation and told us we would stay free at the Courtyard, everything was fine until we learned we would have to stay in a single room with our 16-year-old grandson, which was not possible because of his age. Finally, after going to Courtyard and then returning to TownePlace to see what they would do for us, Courtyard said they had a suite come available that had just had the carpet shampooed earlier that day.

The room obviously needed more work. Many of the little amenities usually found were missing. Nonetheless, it was what we needed for the night and TownePlace paid for it. In addition, the manager of the Courtyard gave us a coupon for a free breakfast for the three of us because of the problems we had in finding an appropriate room. Because Courtyard does not offer a complimentary breakfast, the free breakfast was greatly appreciated by the three of us.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
David S, General Manager at Courtyard Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

I am glad that we were able to accommodate you. Please continue to select Marriott for your future stays.