“Good property - highway noise”

Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Seaside Heights, New Jersey
“Good property - highway noise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stopped here while on a long road trip. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was fine.

The memorable part of this stop was the highway noise. It was cool when we arrived (9pm) so we did not have on the air conditioner or heat. All night long we heard highway traffic. I think if the air was on we would not have heard it so much.

The bed was comfortable.

There is a motel 6 between this property and the highway. It much we very loud in that hotel.

I hope you find this review helpful!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed here for Labor Day weekend. The hotel didn't seem prepared for the influx of visitors. The breakfast was average. The pool must have been recently painted because it left the bottoms of our feet blue. however, the room was larger than I expected and contained a nice size fridge and microwave. Overall, there are better properties in the area that I would choose over this one.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ohiogirl00
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed here on a cross-country move, so we had a large truck. The parking accommodated the truck. There is nothing particularly great about this hotel and nothing bad either. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Detroit, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed here for a week last month as I had a class I was taking at the University. It is situated about 20 minutes away from the University, but was the cheapest option I could find for the week without resorting to a motel. The hotel is somewhat difficult to find the first time, but it's right off the freeway which is nice.

Pros: Staff was very nice (we had a problem with our room and the staff was unable to fix it right away so the Manager gave us a generous credit), there's a Meijer across the street, a Waffle House and McDonald's in the same complex, the rooms are clean and a good size, free breakfast (I really just stuck to toast and yogurt...see below for the breakfast cons), free parking (although the parking lot is tiny), free internet (good quality too, my internet never went out once), great pillows, the bathroom had a very large mirror and the closet had a full length mirror, the shower water got really nice and hot (and did not run out of hot water), I left my laptop and iPad out one day with no problems

Cons: The rooms have no fridge or microwave (there is a microwave downstairs in the food area) - this was probably the biggest con for me. I went out to eat each night and there was no fridge for leftovers. The breakfast leaves A LOT to be desired (I swear the bananas were the same ones put out everyday, the sausage was pretty gross). the lobby smells like chlorine and the halls smell like smoke (although I'm hesitant to list this as a con since the room had absolutely no smell of smoke or chlorine), the bed was very uncomfortable, the cable channels were limited

All in all I would definitely stay here again if I had to spend 4 or more nights in the area. The price is extremely reasonable for what you get and the staff definitely make this place worth the cons.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Lawrence B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear GS ,

Albany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Do not stay at this hotel if getting an accurate bill is important to you. There was a charge on my bill that should not have been there. Granted it was a small extra charge, but it still should not be there and I expect it would be corrected in a timely manner. It was not.The staff could not fix it on their own. They finally said they needed the manager to fix the overcharge and he would be in later that day. They would talk to the manager and a corrected bill would be emailed to me. Instead the same receipt with the overcharge was emailed to me. When I Emailed an inquiry to the manager upon arrival back home, I got a rude response and after a another email he acted like the issue of the original overcharge was not shared with him by his staff. In any event 4 days later, he still has not resolved this issue satisfactory or apologized for the inconvenience he caused.
Avoid this hotel

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Bob D
Lawrence B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Bob,

The email you sent to me on July 8, was rudely worded, most guests that travel and have an issue with the $1.07 safe fee do not send email's to the GM saying" This still doesn't look right" and your right no attachment was sent over from your email.

You had given me no information about the stay for me to even research what happened. And no my staff did not tell me about the issue because they stated they corrected the amount and emailed you the receipt.

When you receive email receipt from the hotel, we can not see the attachment or any other information that was sent only a confirmation that it was sent, that's why I asked for more information concerning your stay.

I have no problem correcting a situation when I am made aware of it and furthermore this is the first that I am aware of a billing error of $1.07 dealing with your stay, which I apologize for, if you did not use the safe in the room.

Bob please see below are the charges to your card and the credits that were issued on the same day you check out! Your total charges including taxes should have been $85.87 at check in you were charged $86.94.

Normally when a guest check out it takes 3-4 days before a credit is issued to your cc, this has nothing to do with the hotel it is up to your bank and there processes. Please allow 3 business days to from the date of check out for the credits to show.

I am truly sorry if by anyway you felt I was rude, I am far from rude and I rush to take care of my guest needs. As I Explained before the credit for the $1.07 has been issued and if you have further questions feel free to contact me.

In hospitality,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

My kids and I were taking a summer trip to Michigan Upper Peninsula to go camping. I decided to spring for a hotel room on the way. What a nice little property. Reasonable rates, nice pool, very clean room. Best of all was the friendly people at the hotel FREE BREAKFAST was great. Nice staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: First floor is closest to the pool for families.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Lawrence B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Midwest Traveler44,

Thank you for taking the time to visit Trip Advisor by writing about your recent stay at our hotel.

Wadena, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We were traveling through Dayton on our way to Festus, MO. We had stayed 9 nights in other motels on our travels this time. This Comfort Inn & Suites was the cleanest room and motel we had stayed in on this journey. The staff were polite and professional and it was absolutely a joy to stay for the one night. The continental breakfast was very good and the staff was there to take care of the needs of the people having a bite. I would stay there again. We looked at the pool and it was very clean.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary J
Lawrence B, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Deart Mary J,