“Was told all they had left was a non smoking double but came in room and burn holes are on the bedspread.”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
dayton
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I am a loyal repeat customer and it seems in the past year the prices go up, but the rooms get worse. Toilets are never cleaned or showers and bathroom floors are so dirty. The managers son does not dress half professional at all. He is very rude and never says thank you. Dave and Shantel are very nice wish they could teach him customer service. For what they are charging now it is not worth it I can go somewhere better. I think I will not come back here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Tina W, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hello my Name is Tina White and I am the manager here at the location you stayed at in Dayton. First of all I hope you recieved my personal reply to you. I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced here at this property. As I stated to you in the reply ,I have talked to the employees mentioned above and made corrections .I assure you we do clean or bathrooms. I do wish you had mentioned all this to me while you were here we would have moved you and made necessary corrections at that time. Thank you again for your comments your opinion is very important ,thank you Tina white

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Don't stay here unless you can not sleep in your car or you get the room for half of the $33 rack rate. Plugged sink, luke-warm shower water, AC turned to heat by staff remotely, too hot to sleep in room, Door stuck had to shoulder it open each entry, staff smokes and ventilation moves smoke into room, they lie to your face about smoking yet you can see the butts everywhere around the office, the adjacent room (office expansion), just a terrible property...but for the cost, that was the bright spot. Owner was bringing in new furniture while there but the basics of this old building need attention far more so than the furniture.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you can not sleep in your car or you get the room for half of the $33 rac...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Mike S
I hope you recieved my personal response to your complaint. Your opinion is very important to us good or bad. I am truly sorry you feel the way you do. I assure you we are trying to upgrade this location with new carpet and furniture. I wish you had told us at the desk your problems then so we could have moved you to a better room.Thank You Tina White
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Each May I travel to a convention in Dayton, OH. Our group usually books 5 or 6 rooms. Unfortunately, this year we picked this place. In a few short words this place is a DUMP and easily the worst motel I have ever stayed in.

The room was filthy when I checked in. There were ground out cigarettes under the edge of the bed. The sheets had numerous tears and burns. The carpet looked like it was 30 years old and hosted a frat party every weekend.

Many of the electrical outlets were so worn out that it was difficult to find one where my cell phone charger worked. The bathroom had NO electrical outlets whatsoever.

The shower didn't even have a showerhead...just a hand-held shower fixed to the wall. the bathroom exhaust fan made noise but didn't work.

Housekeeping was non-existent on 3 of the 4 days I stayed here. I had to go to the front desk every day to get fresh towels.

Internet access didn't work. There was plenty of signal you just couldn't connect. When one in our group complained, several times, he was told they would re-set it. It never made a difference.

My room was on the ground floor. It was noisy and there was a constant stream of scary people walking past the door all night long.

Due to the convention in town there were no rooms available elsewhere.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DON'T STAY IN THIS DUMP. Maybe they'll go out of business and bulldoze this place down.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another motel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank GS-WI
I read your complaint and was shocked . I hope you recieved my personal response to you as well as this one. I cannot control where guests throw down cigarettes . My employees do have assigned areas where they smoke. I do not deny they smoke they do not do it in the lobby or the rooms. all the rooms are being upgraded with new carpet and furniture as well as new bathroom sinks. Every bathroom has a outlet in it . I wish I knew what room you was in so I could check it .The shower did not have a shower head because you was in a handicap room it has a hand held shower fixture that can also adjust on the wall. I assure you we have housekeepers here seven days a week. I do not know why you did not get service I will talk to my staff about every issue you had and find out. Again I do apologize and thank you for your time Tina White
Murrayville, Georgia
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is probably the worst motel I have stayed in, in 50+ years of traveling. The bed sheets had holes in them. I stayed four nights and checked in on Wednesday. When I came back to the room on Thursday evening, the room had not been cleaned up at all. When I called the front desk and asked why, I was told they only cleaned rooms every other day. I checked with several other people that checked in on Wednesday, and their rooms were cleaned on Thursday. THIS MEANS THE FRONT DESK LIED TO ME. The faucet in the bathroom sink did not work correctly. There was hardly any cold water and mostly all hot water no matter where you placed the faucet handle. There was a hole in the wall over the bed. It doesn't take much effort to patch a plaster board wall. The smoke detector was hanging from the ceiling by two wires and was enclosed in a plastic bag. The carpet was filthy dirty and the heating and cooling system had no control over it. I am probably forgetting a few things but that covers most of the problems. Also my room faced the pool. The pool looked like it was used as a garbage dump. The pool cover was full of trash.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, there are plenty of good motels in the immediate area.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Robert F
Thank you for your time to write this review. I do appreciate them all good and bad . The bad is how I need to make corrections for improvement. I cannot change your opinion however I would like to update you about this location. We renovating the entire property new carpet bathroom sinks and furniture just for starters. I hate to think that you think my front desk would lie to you. Our policy is every day the housekeepers are to see if you need new towels and take out trash make your bed and vacuum. Now we do not change the sheets on a stay over every day that is true. We do this every other day.But you are to receive service every day. Since I have read this review I personally have checked all my rooms smoke detectors and I assure you they are all in good condition and up like they are supposed to be.The pool is empty with a cover on it and no trash people do sometimes throw stuff on it but we get it out as this happens . Again I am sorry you had all these problems and again Thank you for your time Tina White
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was the sixth hotel I checked while in the area, everything else was either full or only had smoking rooms available. It was 4:30 in the morning and I was tired so I chose this place. What a mistake !!!
The carpet was filthy, there was hair in the shower, the air filter in the ceiling was filthy. This is the type of place I would imagine seeing drunks, drugs dealers, and crackheads.

This place is located in a good area with lots of shops, stores, and restaurants. There's great access to the interstate.
There are about 12 hotels in the surrounding area, call ahead and reserve a room at a better place.

Room Tip: Here's a tip, choose a room in a better hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Bill D
I have read your review and am sorry to read your opinion of us is this bad. I assure you we have replaced all the carpet in all the rooms since your stay and I have addressed the housekeeping staff about the rest. AGAIN THANK YOU Tina White
Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I liked the place, I think you get what you pay for at this hotel. Now remember to only stay at the one off of Miller lane, the one off of I-70 did not look like the kind of place you wanted to get stuck at, at night time. I think the staff was very helpful, willing to come outside and help me get out of the snow. I think the front staff people were as friendly as can be expected, had no issues getting them to talk to me. The hotel was far from the most aesthetic place around, but what it lacked in looks it made up with in location. I say give the place a chance, I stayed a whole week and did not have a single issue, now I stayed during the winter, it may be different in the summer.

Room Tip: Got the room they gave me, can not say much about the differences between the actually rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your time and your kind words about this property. Since your stay we started a major renovations and I hope one your next stay here your will be pleased. Again Thank you Tina White
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Ok its a bit out dated and run down when it comes to looks. But the time I spent there was very pleasant. The staff was always helpful ready and willing to try to make right anything found wrong. May not be the best or newest but I can say what was lacking in looks at least for me was made up for on service.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank fuddawackin
Tina W, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate us. Your comments are very valuable to us. My staff appreciate s got kind words. Again Thank you
Tina White