“well worth the price”

and 1 more site!
Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 9 October 2009

simple clean affordable and close to major highways and shopping. under 35 dollars a night a good bed and coffee and newspaper.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed 12 May 2009

Basically my friend and I just needed a place to hang out for a few hours and this fit the bill perfectly. The room was small and stuffy at first but the a/c worked fairly quickly. Our room was on the second floor facing away from the highway and there was no outside noise that I heard. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were flat and that wasn't too comfortable but since I wasn't staying all night I didn't care much about that.

I was amused by the shower, most places have bathtubs with shower curtains but this was just some weird, circular shower stall that I'd never seen before. The card on the TV listed a bunch of channels but they didn't coordinate with what was actually showing and most of the channels were just static but again, it was a few hours and I wasn't there to watch TV.

In the parking lot after dark, there were some weird people hanging around. I didn't know if they were hotel guests or just usual Vandalia ne'er do wells, but I didn't feel afraid going to my car. However, I would make sure you LOCK your car at this place, or any of the hotels on Miller Lane.

There are literally about fifteen places to eat within a five minute drive, and most of them within a five or ten minute walk. The Asian Buffet across the street and down a little is excellent, it's not been open very long and has a lot to offer.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laborcat
Reviewed 15 July 2008

This Motel 6 is clean and easy to find, plus as another post said there are lots of restaurants and a Wal-Mart nearby. I was a little hesitant about some of the people hanging around but I did see employees walking around and keeping an eye on things, plus they verified that the pool was closed at the appointed time so those of us with rooms nearby weren't kept up all night.

The corner shower appeared to be new and nice, but it was very small - I'm not a big person, but I felt cramped and bumped my elbows a couple of times.

Overall not a bad budget choice.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 May 2008

Average Motel 6. The parking lot was able to handle our 24 foot trailer which was good, but then again it was a slow night for them. The property was aged, but still meets what I consider the average Motel 6. There are just a ton of businesses nearby including around 10 places to eat and a Walmart. It was along the freeway so make sure you get a room on the non-freeway side of the building.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 4 January 2008

I stayed at this sorry excuse for a Motel in July during the summer, What a bummer there isn't a tub, the towels are small, and worst of all the walls are paper thin. I heard the people baby crying incessantly needlessly at 5'30 am. I guess I got what I paid for nothing.... My advise is try somewhere else, it has a very bad location directly on a busy street but you can get a room in back off the busy street near the highway without a view.. Good luck..

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2007

Husband, dog and I stayed here on our way to Indiana. Room was on the first floor, and was pretty small & basic, but very clean. Since the hotel is not right on the Interstate, it was quiet for sleeping as well. Has a pool which kids seemed to be enjoying, and plenty of room next door, and down the way to walk the dog. Also, very handy to a Sam's Club, Wal-mart and any sort of restaurant one might want.
For $42 for the night, we found it to be a great deal.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2007

This place was absolutely disgusting. I know this is a budget hotel, but there are limits on what I am willing to accept.

At check-in the person behind the counter did not even speak a word to me, not even "Hello". I handed my credit card over and she pulled my reservation and handed me my key -- unfriendly but efficient I guess.

Took the elevator to go to my room. When the elevator door opened I thought it was an elevator to Hell. It smelled like puke, the rubber tiles on the floor were all ripped up, and the inside was covered with grafiti.

The room itself was not the cleanest. The carpets were stained and in dire need of a steam clean. The walls too had a lot of stains splattered on them -- no excuse to be this way, they were made of plastic and could easily be cleaned.

The bed spread was dirty, and the sheets were a strange grey colour when it was obvious that they were white at one time. The wife insisted we go to the Wal-Mart across the road and get some Lysol to spray the bed before we slept in it.

Only good thing about this location is its proximity to a lot of decent restaurants. Lots of good hotels/motels in this complex too. This road traveller recomends staying at any of them except Motel 6.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank 5a25