“Absolutely YES!”

Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Absolutely YES!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Rooms were clean, pool was heated and felt very nice after a long day, breakfast in the morning had plenty to choose from (hot and cold breakfast) and great rates for really large rooms. Would recommend to anyone looking for a good hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on the way back from Nashville. This hotel is very clean and well appointed. The front desk staff was extremely helpful. Our room had nice furniture and ammenities in it. I would stay here again and would encourage others too stay as well.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us!We appreciate all of you kind words and wonderful feedback. We hope if your travels bring you back to Dayton that you will stay with us.
Frankfort, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have mobility issues and back problems, so I hate traveling where I can't get home to my specialized bed. But once a year I attend a religious convention in Dayton and must stay in a hotel for 3 nights. I've stayed at several different establishments over the years ranging from very good to truly horrible. This hotel was beautiful and super clean. It has a covered drop off area. Just inside the automatic sliding doors they have luggage carts waiting, so I could carry all "travel equipment" in one go. There was no one on line at the front desk (6 pm) and my travel companion & I were on our way to our rooms in 3 minutes. I was surprised my accessible room was on the second floor but there was an elevator very close to the front desk. The room was enormous and the bathroom was beyond belief with hand rails everywhere. The tub had a very sturdy flip across bench and an adjustable height shower hose. They really thought of everything to accomodate someone in a wheelchair. I could even reach the hair dryer without getting up! Got a microwave and fridge. The fridge had no freezer compartment, which is inconvenient since I take my lunch with me and couldn't get my ice pack frozen. Also, the unit was set on low. The staff, though friendly, didn't know how to adjust it. Had to figure that out on my own (little knob on the back, top right hand corner). The a/c had a wall mounted thermostat, at chair height. Sadly the closet is also adjusted for this, so it's useless for a dress. I can't sleep the whole night in an ordinary bed, so I bring my own fold out beach/camping style chair. Fortunately, there was plenty of room to set it up. My only suggestion is get an ottoman to go with that very comfy easy chair and consider ditching one of the queen beds for an adjustable one. Then it would truly be a disabled person's dream.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate all of your kind words and helpful feedback. Looking forward to you staying with us again next year.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Went to this hotel off of reviews. All were 4 and above. It was the best decision for choices. Check in was as stated. Less than a 2 minute check in! The king non smoking was very clean! There is smoking on the 3rd floor but no trace of any smoking 2nd floor and below. The breakfast was hot and tasty! The only flaw was when the ac turns on the blower is a bit loud but the bed is so comfortable you probably won't hear it sleeping. I didn't. Clean hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank JL000
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for your favorable review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back in the future.
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed here one night and arrived very late, the front desk person was very nice, as was the person in the morning.
The room was large, newer, and clean, very comfortable. There was also a nice sitting area on the second floor that was pleasant.
The breakfast was OK, it was nice that there was a pot of cooked oatmeal, not just little packets.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for atying with us while you were in Dayton , Ohio. We appreciate all of your kind words. Looking forward to having you stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Dayton.
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel. It was my first time staying here and I found it to be a very nice hotel. I was only here for one night, but the room was spacious and included a microwave and fridge. I was impressed with the size of the room and bathroom. This room would easily sleep a small family, but for one person it was like home (away from home). I left early and didn't get to try the free breakfast. It was a few miles outside of the area I was visiting, but after checking in I was happy to make the short drive. Everything was in order and I would recommend this hotel to others. I'll also be trying other Country Inns to duplicate the experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for all of your kind words. If your travels bring you back to Dayton we would love for you to stay with us again.
Murrells Inlet, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

This was our second stay at this Country Inn. We will definitely go back. Nice big clean room. Good bed. Black out drapes really worked. Quiet and we were located directly across from the elevator. Never heard a sound from anyone. The entire staff always smiled and said "Good morning or Hello" when you encountered them in the halls or lobby. Plenty of towels and washcloths. They do need to ditch the very heavy duvet. We folded it and put it on the couch and housekeeping didn't bother to put it on the bed again during our stay (which I was glad). Conveniently located to all kinds of shops, mall and restaurants. Breakfast choices were good. The eggs were not the greatest.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate all of your kind words and helpful feedback.Looking forward to having you stay with us again.