“Very Nice Hotel !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
Ranked #2 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Cincinnati, United States
“Very Nice Hotel !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Clean hotel, with a very freindly staff. However, I did not receive my wake-up call at 6:00 am, so I was :30 minutes behind schedule. The breakfast was, as usual for Hampton Inns, excellent with a good variety of food, beverages, and snacks to go ! The location is good, especially being right across the road from the Dayton Mall, which has excellent massage chairs ~ Enjoy !!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Patrick W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights while visiting local attractions. This is a newer Hampton (or at least newly renovated). Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. We felt that our room was smaller than what we are used to at Hampton Inns - perhaps b/c we were at the end of the hall? Beds were clean & comfortable, and the bathroom was very clean. There were a couple of spots that housekeeping had missed - it looked like the desk & headboard had not been wiped down. We would not recommend a first floor room, as the curtains would not close all the way (little privacy/security). Breakfast was good, with plenty of choices. We liked that the hot breakfast items were different on our second day. The indoor pool was clean and kept at a comfortable temperature. Although small, it was enough for the kids to burn some energy. The hotel is located outside of Dayton, and is next to a shopping mall, movie theater, and restaurants. We found a lot of dining options on the opposite side of the mall.

Room Tip: First floor has very little privacy due to curtains not fully closing.
1 Thank Yitsirk
Harrison
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We staggered in after a 15 hour drive heading north from Florida. For clarification, we used trip advisor and found this hotel to be perfect for our itinerary. We called the 855 number for reservations. Ended up disconnecting with the third party on the line because they tried to tell me that if we didn't take the rate she offered there were no other rooms available. Now this may pose a problem for others but we figured we would deal with the hotel themselves upon our arrival. Well, I ended up visiting their website and booked right online. Low and behold the hotel was not sold out! :) We entered the Hampton Inn and were greeted with a bright and smiling Mallory. She made our check in painless and we were done in a matter of 3 minutes! We inquired about their point program she stated that she would take care of it. She offered our daughters gummy bears and all of us water as a welcome to the hotel. The lobby was incredible to say the least! Wow! would be the word of choice. We headed upstairs to our room and, although others said rooms by the elevator are loud, we didn't have any problems. Could be that it was 11:30 pm on a weekday, but regardless, we didn't hear a thing. Room was appealing and clean. Bathroom clean and bright. We loved the post it note stating that the sheets and duvets were cleaned for us! We responded with a Thank You! Lots of hot water, plenty of towels, variety of pillows which is perfect for me who is allergic to feathers and down. Beds were comfortable and the sheets felt incredible! This is a big plus for us! Breakfast was amazing and offered sausage, cheese eggs, potatoes, oatmeal, grits, fruit, yogurt, toast, bagels, cereal and plenty of other foods to suit even the pickiest of eaters! We couldn't have asked for anything more! They even had breakfasts to go for those running out the door. The breakfast attendant did an exceptional job cleaning and replenishing and was constantly moving with a smile on her face! And again, at 8:00 am. we were greeted wit a smiling Mallory! She was still bright and was clearly happy with her place of employment. The hotel was clean. The fitness room and pool area, although not used by us, appeared to be in functional and clean order, along with the adjoining restrooms. We will be sure to visit again. Thank you for a rejuvenating night and easy check in! P.S. Mallory apologized for the way reservations handled us and assured us to call the hotel directly.

Room Tip: When traveling long distances and only needing a shower and bed, recommend when packing to place onl...
1 Thank MichiganPaddleBoards
Irwin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My experiences with Hampton Inn's are generally good to very good. The Hampton Hotel Dayton Mall is the BEST Hampton experience my family and I have ever had. I needed to arrive late (after 2AM, actually) and the hotel address is not in my GPS. I called and spoke with Darlene who was pleasant, helpful, and gave me perfect directions to the hotel. When I finally arrived, she treated my wife and me as though she had been waiting for that very moment. How nice! The king room was just perfect. I truly appreciate the way the Hampton rotates the bed to an inside wall making the sleep more peaceful and the room seem bigger. Good thinking Hampton! And finally, I must comment on the complimentary breakfast. First, this Hampton has extended hours for breakfast longer than I have experienced at any other hotel (that was a nice feature considering my late arrival). The food selection was more ample than I have experienced at other Hamptons and my family really enjoyed it. I personally enjoy the oatmeal and assorted toppings but find it difficult to pass up a fresh waffle as well. The young lady who was in charge of the breakfast buffet (Genesis) was a doll. She was continuously in motion making sure all of the food supplies, utensils, and drinks were properly stocked and I could see her in the back room making sure everything was clean and tidy. The morning desk staff was pleasant and helpful as well. I like Hamptons; this Hampton really "gets it." I hope my path leads to this Hampton again some day.

1 Thank Michael G
Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great Experience here! Newer property, everything is clean and newer. Nice breakfast offering, hot & cold, and excellent location. Close to the highway, across the street from the mall, and easy walking distance to lots of restaurants, this is a great choice for the value minded traveler.

The room was newer, had everything I needed for business travel, especially liked the LAN connection for my laptop. I'm getting to like these (Hampton Inns) for my business travel. I find them to be fairly consistent in my experience and they are much cheaper than some of the more main-brand hotels. If you have seen you travel budget get whacked and want to stay somewhere you can actually work, don't have to pay for Internet access, and they throw in breakfast, then Hampton Inns seem to hit the mark. I'd stay here again, no problem.

Two small marks against them and a general comment. I like more water pressure in the shower. My room had less water pressure than I prefer. I'm OK with water saver shower heads, but want more pressure. The other Hampton Inns had more water pressure than this property. Kind of strange, given the property seemed to be so new.... The other knock is that if you like to run outside, there's not much of an option here. It's on the rim road to a big mall. They do have a small exercise room, and you can run, but it's not much.

One last observation- these rooms are not sound proof chambers! I don't mean they have paper thin walls at all. But you can hear doors open and close in the hall a bit loudly than more expensive hotels and I could hear footsteps in the room above me. I didn't lose sleep, but it was noticeable.

Room Tip: Maybe something on the top floor to minimize sound from adjoining rooms...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelinMan50
Leesburg, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel is clean, with a nice breakfast area. However, the front desk staff were not the most pleasant. The Hilton site leads you to believe that the restaurants are steps away. They are not within safe walking distance. The indoor pool is ice cold and tiny. Also this location is about 30 minutes from Dayton itself, so keep that in mind.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Flushing, MI, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

They have a very clean hotel with a nice friendly staff. There is also a very good hot breakfast with some healthy options like eggs, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt not just baked goods. It has a convenient location in Dayton near the mall.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Marriott at the University of Dayton

Been to Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall? Share your experiences!