“Clean but be careful about others who check in.”

Knights Inn Dayton North
Ranked #34 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Bedford Township, Mich.
“Clean but be careful about others who check in.”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I called around 9 p.m. on a Saturday for a one-night, two-room stay for my family. They had room with an unbelievable rate of about $45/room. When we arrived (around 11:30 p.m.), the people at the desk were helpful and courteous. The rooms were what you'd expect for the price, but clean. Nice simple roof over our heads.

However, while I was checking the family in, my wife believes she witnessed a drug deal in the parking lot (a man was in the lot, a car pulled up, he walked up to it, handed in something and got something in return).

Also, though the hotel is no-smoking, the smell of smoke and incense was very prevalent in the hallways. Neighbors smoking pot?

And, several of our neighbors were up all hours, often being loud and swearing.

We wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Williamstown, Kentucky
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I had made a reservation thru the Knights Inn website for Friday July 26th but due to a change in plans I had to cancel. I went back on line on Tuesday July the 23rd and canceled the reservation and got the confirmation number and email. On Saturday July 27th at 12:10am I get a phone call waking me up with a person that can barely speak English wanting to know "when are you getting here". That was her first question, not hello this is Knights Inn or this is so and so with Knights Inn. After about a min of trying to understand what she was saying I finally got out who she was then after telling her it was canceled all I get was a OHHH, not a sorry to have bothered you or i am sorry just silence. Someone needs trained on how to use the computer system and understand how to read a cancellation.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike1701
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I made this reservation online and got into the hotel around midnight. The desk clerk was kind and courteous and made sure my room was good personally. The bed was comfy and the shower was powerful. I missed breakfast, finding it too late on the other side of the hotel. Everything was great and the price is phenomenal!

Clayton, Ohio
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

This is a very good value for your money! Price is very reasonable rooms are clean and beds are comfy!! Breakfast in the morning is decent!! Staff is very friendly and nice and will accommodate to most any request! You just have to keep your eyes open as to finding check in is harder to find e specially in the dark. In simple and quick words it valuable, clean, nice, comfy and safe!!! Have stayed a few times and will continue giving them my business!!

1 Thank ElizabethDawes82
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 July 2013

It was clean which is the best thing I can say. It's pretty tired as a motel. It is a little tricky to get to it off I-75 but GPS looped me there. It is attached to Travelodge which is a bit confusing but if you find one you find the other. You get what you pay for and yet they were very friendly so I guess that counts for something.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed here because it was cheap. I was worried about the hotel when I read the reviews but for the price, the hotel was great. I would stay here again if I needed a hotel in Dayton. They were very nice at the front desk. For the people who commented about the condition of the hotel, what did you expect for the cost that you paid? It's a fine place to stay.

1 Thank Tstockton1967
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2013

As others have said, the lobby is hard to find. I went to the Travelodge part as I drove right past the door to the Knights Inn part.

The way it is laid out, one wing of the motel is Knights Inn, the other is Travelodge. They share the same hallway. The ice machine and breakfast area on in the Travelodge side.

The rooms are clean and the staff is great. The decor is tired and a bit dated, but is clean and in good repair.
It is an econo motel in the true sense of the word, but the rate was great for what you got.
There was a noteable smell of smoke in the stairwells and hallways of the second floor, but no smell in my room.
There is a very good lineup on the cable TV and breakfast is included, so I felt that for the price it was very good value. You could open the windows all the way in our room, which was great, for getting fresh air, you just had to remember to latch it if you went out (we were on the ground floor). The room was quiet and the beds were comfortable. They provided three sets of towels which was nice.
I inadvertently reset the remote for the TV and the staff came and fixed it within 5 min.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JeffO_Can
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
Super 8 Vandalia/Dayton International Airport
TownePlace Suites Dayton North
Extended Stay America - Dayton - North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia

Been to Knights Inn Dayton North? Share your experiences!