“Don't waste your time on ribs!!”
Review of Hickory Bar-b-que

Hickory Bar-b-que
Ranked #110 of 775 Restaurants in Dayton
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for dinner with my fiancee.I got the full slab of ribs and they were a little tough and the sauce was horrible, taste like catsup and vinegar. The house salad was not eye appeasing looked like it was drowning in dressing.

2  Thank Jerry F

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We go whenever we want a great NY strip. Taste before you salt it. I even buy the seasoning for home. We both love the house dressing. You can go in levis or a prom formal. This is one of our favorite places near home.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

On brown street--right near the University of Dayton Campus.

Went for lunch. Had the barbecue pork sandwich and coleslaw and chips. I think it was about $7. It was pretty good. The service was fast and friendly. I will definitely return in the future.

1  Thank AndrewBVA
Reviewed 14 January 2013

You know how they say "you get what you pay for"? That's the Hickory. It's not fine dining, it's not the best BBQ you've ever had, but the people are super friendly, the service is always great, the prices are reasonable, and the food is pretty darn good. The cabbage rolls are a solid option but if you want something with some sauce on it you can't go wrong with the chicken... crisp skin on the outside, juicy on the inside, and mopped in a not too sweet sauce. My wife orders hers with no sauce and it comes well seasoned and perfectly edible. Give the place a try.

1  Thank bus_traveler_c
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Moderately priced, excellent chicken, fabulous house dressing -potatoes always baked just right. I like that I can order all dark meat.

Been to Hickory Bar-b-que? Share your experiences!