“A Dayton landmark, a must stop since my college days 40 years ago!”
Review of Flying Pizza

Flying Pizza
Ranked #91 of 788 Restaurants in Dayton
Reviewed 13 March 2017

One of the basic food groups in anyone's diet is a good pizza! If you like the NY style thin crust you'll love Flying Pizza. I'm from Chicago so I've been exposed to great pizza. When back visiting UD, I always make sure I have time to slide away and drop in for a slice and the son who is running the place now puts as much love in to his pizza as his dad did! It's a real gem in the Gem City!

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Good pizza...across from the Victoria Theater downtown. They sell it by the slice, which does separate it from most pizzerias in Dayton. The prices are a little steep - surely due to their location downtown. Additionally parking is difficult - nothing outside their door.

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Saw a number of really good reviews so we decided to stop in for lunch. I didnt notice any large menus with options just a couple of paper sized menus on the counter (I guess this more of a place for locals who know what they want?) ended up ordering 2 slices of the pre-made pizza and a fountain pop.

The pizza had lots of toppings, the crust was nicely toasted, crunchy but not burn I just didnt feel like it was amazing pizza and that it was a little on the expensive side.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

I've been eating here for about 35 years. It's now being run by the son of the original owner and the pizza is still very good. You can buy slices or whole pies, and service is always prompt and friendly. A downtown Dayton institution that continues to do well and serve great food.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

This place hasn't changed in 10 years. Great calzones that seem to be made with the best ricotta cheese on the market. I always visit for lunch whenever I'm in the Dayton area.