“You get what you pay for....never again!”

Motel 6 Dayton Englewood
Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Illinois
“You get what you pay for....never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

We decided to spend the night in Dayton after visiting the Air Force museum. We saw the $40.00 sign and decided to sleep cheap tonight. Big mistake. I should of checked out the room first but didn't. Another big mistake. The bed was about a foot from the floor, no box spring. One thin cheap sheet, no other blanket besides the scary comforter.Terrible pillows. The room was suppose to be non smoking but had a bad funky smell. The microwave was missing a leg and looked like it's never been cleaned. One towel....for two people. The worst part was the seedy characters lurking about. One gang banger we watched kept going to different cars and back into his room and back and forth. I'm sure making drug deals. The was the first time in all my years of travels I actually thought about taking the loss and leaving. Sadly I didn't.
The only decent things about the place were the man at the front desk was pleasnt and the air conditioner in the room worked well. Nothing else.
You learn as you go and I learned that day to never pay for a room until you get to see it and that you get what you pay for. Do yourself a favor and stay somwhere other then here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Aerowing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

For 40 bucks, this place exceeded expectations. Stayed in a king room. Very spacious work desk and comfortable bed. It was clean.

• Stayed May 2011
Warren, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2007

This hotel is s former property of the now defunct Cross Country Inn chain. The property has been updated and I found it to be clean, pleasantly furnished and fairly nice in general. One nice amenity that carried over from the prior chain's days is the swimming pool which is rarely found in a Red Rood property. All in all, the location provided a good value for the price ($58 weekend rate for two queen beds). The chain does accept pets, but this property seems to deal with that by trying to place people with pets in certain rooms. This means that those rooms are going to have some smell, but if you normally travel with your pet, as I do, the convenience of being able to bring along your cat or dog mitigates this. The breakfast is basic, but I appreciated it being offered. Not a luxury property by any stretch, but a decent stay at a decent price. I would return.

• Liked — Price
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank motorcity70
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2006

I had a last minute change in travel that necessitated a stop along I-70, and Dayton seemed like the best location. I got a good rate on a business king, and the free wireless internet sealed my decision to make a reservation. I called to see if they had in-room hairdryers, and they told me no. When I arrived, at midnight, the parking lot was empty to the point that it made me a bit nervous. But the room was OK: It looked as if it had new countertops, furnishings, and carpet, and it was clean. And it even had a hairdryer, along with a mini-fridge and microwave. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was close to the freeway (didn't bother me), but otherwise quiet. So if you're on a road trip and arrive late and just want a cheap place to sleep, shower ,check e-mail, and hit the road ASAP in the morning, this hotel is fine (at least the Business King). But if I were to spend more time there, I probably would have looked elsewhere.

• Liked — free wireless, good shower, convenient to I-70
  • Disliked — looked old in parts, was told no hairdryer in room, when in fact there was.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank 319expat
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2006

Was in Dayton for family reunion and this was the only place available. The room smelled terrible and it was very stuffy. There was also trash on the landings. I would not recommend this place to anyone. This was a very experience for my family

• Stayed September 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Northern Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2005

this is the place for you!

Looked OK and was only place available (should have known why!) and was only there one night. In the morning, awoke to critters on floor of room. Woke wife, didn't say anything, was NOT about to eat at "breakfast bar" (which looked to be a joke anyhow) and checked out. Upon leaving, waited for room to be clear, so could tell deskclerk about the roach problem without other guests present (BIG mistake!) and clerk kind of rolled eyes and said nothing.

When I returned from the trip, sent email to RRI license company and got a standard email noting that reply should be received within 15 days. You got it, no reply, and bet they never do send one.

Apparently, this chain is now competing for "worst and most filthy hotels in America" award (after checking out the comments on here about their chain, looks like a shut-out victory for them!)

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank Tateriffic
motel6dayton, Manager at Motel 6 Dayton Englewood, responded to this review, 20 March 2011
I am a new GM for this Motel 6. I have began responding to guest reviews just now. That's the reason for late delay. i didn't know I can reply back on Tripadvisor. We have always used local pest control services. There aren't any reported issues. However, I do apologize for the issue. I believe we don't have any Roaches problem.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dayton Northwest
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport
Extended Stay America - Dayton - North

Been to Motel 6 Dayton Englewood? Share your experiences!