“Will Stay here again...without hesitation”

Motel 6 Dayton Englewood
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
California
“Will Stay here again...without hesitation”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Over the years, we stayed at Motel 6s in different cities. All we need is a clean, no-frill, reasonably priced room. This particular motel superceded all others we stayed at. We had a pleasant and quick check-in/check-out process. Too bad thomasnu and maynerd didn't experience what we had. Stayed here to catch an early flight to CA from nearby Dayton Airport. Our room (look at photos) was clean - bathroom, floor, sink areas. Pillows were thick and sheets smell clean. TV was old - but what the heck, we got cable programs we wanted to watch. Only single complaint was te air-conditioner - sounded like water gushing out - not the kind that puts one to sleep. However, hubby and I slept well - even with a nearby hotel chain and few fast foods. Nearby Meijer saved us on our flight sandwiches we bought on the way to the airport.
Stay here...hopefully, you'll experience what we had. For sure, we will stay here when we have very early/late flights while visiting relatives in midwest Ohio.

Room Tip: Get a southeast facing corner room - even with nearby hotel chain and fast food establishments, room...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank npres

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Room was stuffy and air conditioning was too noisy making it difficult to sleep. I ended up leaving at 3am and drove to the nearest rest stop to snooze in my car where there was fresh air.

• Stayed May 2012
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed here a night before an early flight out of Dayton airport. I arrived very late and the guy behind the desk was extremely friendly and helpful. He was still working when I checked out and was still very pleasant.

The rooms were decent quality, but for the price it was hard to beat.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Wander-lust_kingx
denver
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Having stayed in several Motel 6's over the years I am comfortable with the chain. When I do a cross-country trip I don't need fancy: I need clean. My wife and I were moving our son and daughter-in-law from Colorado to Maryland and we booked a reservation in the motel. The reviews seemed ok over the last several months so we decided to stay. We drove from KC that day and got in around 11:30 pm. The two rooms reserved for us were not only filthy but they smelled of smoke and mildew/mold. The carpets were filthy and the bedding didn't look clean. I asked to see 2 other rooms. The desk clerk was kind enough to do this for us and they were worse than the first two rooms. I didn't blame her and she was kind enough to refund our money. She was obviously embarrassed to hear my report of her hotel. After driving 13 hours that day we were looking forward to crashing but we had to go looking for another hotel at midnight. Stay away from this place. It's not worth the price. For just a little bit more, you can have a clean room. I'm not one to write critical reviews but this place deserves it.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank maynerd
motel6dayton, General Manager at Motel 6 Dayton Englewood, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
I am sorry that you had a bad experience at this location. We do provide clean & comfortable rooms to our guests. It seems that we have failed in your case. I assure you that it's a rare case. Majority of our guests are very satisfied with our service and guest rooms. Occasionally, we fail but do try our best each and every day to make sure our guests are comfortable at this location.
Enid, Oklahoma
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Service with a smile.
King Non-smoking room is just as described and pictured on the Motel6 website. Nice desk workstation, WiFi (NO BUGS!)
Very near a McDonalds and Waffle house. Got fresh fruit and ice cream at the Meijer store nearby,
No surprises of any kind. Bed was hard, and pillows.
Good water pressure in shower, bath towels are small.
Clean room and like most motels a little frayed around the edges. Have often had to pay much more (in "higher quality" hotels) for much less.
Was not in a hurry to leave like at most places I have stayed.
(Note: no photos added because it really is just like the pics on the Motel 6 Website)
***Ratings based on price vs overall experience***

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the King rooms and book online.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank retired1nce
motel6dayton, General Manager at Motel 6 Dayton Englewood, responded to this review, 9 July 2011
Thank you very much for your response. Your feedback helps me improve this Motel 6. We will be updating our pillows and towels soon. My first priority is Wi-Fi. It will be 5x faster and more reliable. Plans are approved and techs should start installing more access points in a week or two. Thanks again. - Sachin Patel GM
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I stayed recently at this place, Rm #129. Unlike the following review, I had an okay 2 week stay while I was transitioning into the Vandalia/Englewood Area for a new job at Dayton International Airport. I will agree that this place is definately NOT new or top of the line by any means. It could use a good overhaul in all of the rooms. A/C works excellent, and the internet works but is not 100% top speed. Also beware they do not have alarm clocks in the rooms. The pool was closed and looked like it was down for maintenance.

My bed was not bad, a little harder than what I normally like, but the pillows are FLAT. They have little or no support and even stacked-up I have to fold one over to be comfortable. Sheets were clean, no stains. Towels, I had 2 and a used a third for the floor. The toliet is older and the flapper would sometime stick or not fill so it was an easy giggle of the handle. TV Cable channels were good.

Location: Its behind a Comfort Inn which appears to be recently renovated so if your looking for 3-4 star stay there.

Food/Things to Do: There is a good Waffle House and McDonald's in front of this hotel, as well as the usual Perkins, Skyline Chilli and Steak and Shake as well as a Meijers within 1/2 mile. Other than that not really much to do.

Safety: I always felt secure and never had any problems or saw the "scary" people that the following review describes. The place is really quiet at night, and there isn't too many guests, and as where ever you go it is advisable to lock your car at night. The only thing you'll hear is the rumbling of the trucks on adjcent I-70 and the occasional airplane taking-off from the airport about 10~ miles away.

Room Tip: If you looking for a 3-4 Star, do not go here
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank James B
Monee, Illinois
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We decided to spend the night in Dayton after visiting the Air Force museum. We saw the $40.00 sign and decided to sleep cheap tonight. Big mistake. I should of checked out the room first but didn't. Another big mistake. The bed was about a foot from the floor, no box spring. One thin cheap sheet, no other blanket besides the scary comforter.Terrible pillows. The room was suppose to be non smoking but had a bad funky smell. The microwave was missing a leg and looked like it's never been cleaned. One towel....for two people. The worst part was the seedy characters lurking about. One gang banger we watched kept going to different cars and back into his room and back and forth. I'm sure making drug deals. The was the first time in all my years of travels I actually thought about taking the loss and leaving. Sadly I didn't.
The only decent things about the place were the man at the front desk was pleasnt and the air conditioner in the room worked well. Nothing else.
You learn as you go and I learned that day to never pay for a room until you get to see it and that you get what you pay for. Do yourself a favor and stay somwhere other then here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Aerowing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Best Western Plus Dayton Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Airport
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton West - Brookville
Clarion Inn Dayton Airport

Been to Motel 6 Dayton Englewood? Share your experiences!