“Average fair”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Springboro, Ohio
“Average fair”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Food was mediocre. Think low end diner quality. Service was from rookies. Definitely not on their A game yet. Not sure I will go back.

Visited April 2014

Dayton
“Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The service at breakfast is good. The service in the afternoon is not! I made the mistake of coming in here once again during the afternoon on Monday May 31. There were about four tables seated in the whole place. One server on the phone next to the door and one server busy with a table. I went to the bar and saw a male server in the doorway right behind the bar. He noticed me but didn't move. He kept standing there. He was soon joined by a female server who started to adjust her clothing in the doorway as well. She bent over and saw me and then stopped. Neither of them moved to find the bartender if there was one on duty or came down to acknowledge the new customer by saying, "Someone will be with you in a minute" and then going to find the bartender or whoever does the bar. Instead I sat there for a few minutes and only when I got up to leave did the male server come down. He said they weren't allowed behind the bar so that's why he didn't come down to greet me. I left anyway!

• Visited March 2014
“Fantastic find!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Hazel restaurant is unique- it is not a chain-it's open for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Many foods are made right there and are delicious. The owner and all the help are pleasant, the ambiance is quiet,and the service is great. Some of the best meals are made from family recipes and their home made Thousand Island dressing is great..a great find if you are looking for a restaurant that is privately owned, moderate priced and makes many homemade meals!

Visited January 2014
Dayton, Ohio
“Well prepared food at a reasonable price.”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Hazel Grille and Tavern is in a former chain restaurant. The new owners have done little to refurbish or update the interior. A coat of paint on the seats and tables would help. On the plus side, my lunch was well prepared and service was prompt. The restaurant is located close to the Dayton Mall and an easy drive from the I 675, I 75 interchange.

• Visited January 2014
Germantown, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hazel Grille and Tavern...they don't care what customers think of the place.”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

1st time there today...Supposed Mgr....didn't know how to make a Cosmo.
Why not?
He also scolded a server at the bar .....unprofessional.

Total silence...no music or tv's wih sound playing.
One male server tho...very nice
Maybe try again

Wrote the review above and their comment back to me was Don't 'waiste' your money
(Their misspellings)

Guess that means they don't want me to come back?!?!?!
I have NVER in my 45 yrs of life.....had a place say that to me. And it's a shame....cause the food was good....but I will NVER go back...tho I would have til they said that.

Visited January 2014