“Poor experience” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dayton, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I were on a vacation day and running some errands near my workplace. Hazel Grille and Tavern are just up the road a little bit, so we to get something to eat. I had visited once before for a work lunch. I thought I'd give it a second try. We were the only customers when we arrived. It took a minute for someone to greet and seat us. The gentleman that seated us got our drinks - sweet tea that was more water than tea. I gave my order, fettucine chicken alfredo. My husband got the chicken fingers and fries. My husband's order was correct, mine was not. I received chicken alfredo on penne pasta. When I brought it to the server's attention, he acknowledged that it was his fault. He did not offer to correct it nor was there any accommodation for his mistake. I was generally unimpressed with the taste. All my husband could say was that his food was OK. I doubt that I will try it a third time.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Centerville, Ohio
1,621 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,789 helpful votes
“Located next to Ziebart!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

It is “Ziebart Time,” and our family has seven vehicles to rotate for the “Diamond Gloss” paint protection, rust protection, and interior cleaning. My Cadillac CTS looks showroom new!

Because the Hazel Grille & Tavern at Dayton Mall on Kingsridge Drive is near Ziebart, my son and I “try” this newer restaurant.

We have fond memories of the old Max and Irma’s, and swapping cars at Ziebart is the reason for the stop at Hazel’s.

The breakfast menu is on our radar now; however, we take a late lunch. My son is pleased with the cheeseburger, and because my wife refuses to even look at liver and onions, I order a plate of liver and onions. It has been so long since I have tasted liver and onions, that I highly recommend this dinner.

Service is excellent; parking is easy; and, it is great to see Hazel Grille & Tavern open.

We wish the owners our best. The tariff is appropriate for the fare. We shall be “scouting” some other “diners” near Ziebart as we continue our vehicle rotation.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank SavantIII_11
Moraine
“Excellent spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

A great place for large, delicious portions at a reasonable price. Fairly quiet atmosphere. Very attentive and friendly service. Mixed drinks are a little overpriced but the food is certainly not.

Visited April 2014
Centerville, Ohio
“Best Prime Rib!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I was surprised by how good everything was. I really want to try their liver and onions! Great customer service and even though it had been max and irmas before and it was a little outdated inside, i dont blame anyone this day and age for waiting until they get established to sink money into a big expensive remodel. I went there for the food and I give it two thumbs up!!

Springboro, Ohio
“Average fair”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Food was mediocre. Think low end diner quality. Service was from rookies. Definitely not on their A game yet. Not sure I will go back.

Visited April 2014