“Bad service good food”

Dining options: Breakfast
dayton
“Bad service good food”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Arrived around 4:30-5 pm on Wed March 19. Was seated and a male waiter served us water. We asked if we could look over the menu for a minute. He left. After a few minutes we put our menus down. 20-25 min passed and we finally caught a waitress. She said the only male waiter they had went home. ????? She took our order. I did not receive my order correctly at all....neither did my friend. She was missing her salad. I received a totally different sandwich and too many pancakes. I ordered one and got 3. At this point.....we just ate what we were served. Other than our order being wrong.....waitress was good. And then.....our our waiter showed up And said "oh I'm surprised you guys are still here after my break". What the heck? Shouldn't he have told someone he was going on break???? Thanks for your great service.

Winthrop, Maine
“Good food, slow service, typical”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had lunch at this facility. It seems they were training someone new on the grill, the food was slow, the service was slow, it took a long time to get to our table when we arrived. I am sure it is tough with the racetrack and bike week events. The staff looked exhausted. My husband commented that the men's room had not been taken care of and that seems to be his experience with most Cracker Barrel's which surprised me.

Visited February 2014
“Consistently yummy, value-friendly home cooking.”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My family loves Cracker Barrel. Everyone always finds something they like. And the fact you can always get breakfast makes the kids happy. The daily specials are great, too. A couple favorites are chicken and dumplings, catfish, Sunday fried chicken and the pot roast dinner. They also have a large selection of delicious sides. And to finish our meal, the double chocolate fudge Coca Cola cake is awesome. The moistest chocolate cake ever!

• Visited February 2014
“Food here always good!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Food was delicious! The service from our waitress was excellent, however after our waitress walked away I dropped my silverware. I asked another waitress to bring me more silverware. She never came back.

Visited October 2013
Indiana
“Not quite up to Cracker Barrel par!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

No place is always perfect, and that's true of this store. We stopped by for "brunch" going through Dayton. The food was average, and there seemed to be alot of plate showing between the entrees. (Smallish portions) I had to ask for a second serving of sawmill gravy, as one serving was not enough for both biscuits, and there were no jam or jelly packets at the table to use, so it was either eat it dry, or ask for more gravy. It was after eating most of the bowl that the courteous, though "Stepford Wife-like" waitress had brought to the table, when I discovered a hair stuck to the side of the bowl, rising up from the gravy. Not wanting to hassle with another robotic "I'm sorry, sir!", (as there had already been a couple of minor hiccups in the service) and another bowl of gravy, I said nothing about it until I went to the cash register. I will say, that the cashier promptly reported my complaint to the kitchen, but there was no compensation offered, and by then, I just wanted to leave. Overall, not a very pleasing experience.

• Visited October 2013