I needed a break from family for some "me time". The lady at the front desk was very sympathetic and understanding. I don't have a credit card so I drove there from my house to see if I could book the room I wanted (king size with jacuzzi tub) with cash and she was very accommodating. She even gave me the online rate instead of the rack rate.
The room itself was amazing. Big and clean and quiet, the tub was huge and relaxing. There was a comfortable armchair, a desk, lots of lights, and the bed... oh the bed. Firm and soft, with five pillows. Amazing.
The internet was fast and easy to connect. Everything I wanted this hotel to be, was. They have a social hour type of thing in the evenings with three free alcoholic drinks for every registered adult and differing hot foods. I didn't partake of this nor the breakfast in the morning but it did smell good.
When housekeeping knocked on the door before I was ready, all I had to do was say so and they said they would come back later. Unlike the ten-ish-year-old that kept banging on my door at 8am until I finally told him to knock it off.
They have a fitness center, pool, and public whirlpool that were clean and sparkling. The brochure mentioned a business center that I didn't use.
This hotel is situated on Miller Lane, which has many hotels in all price ranges. There are about thirty places to eat, and a WalMart across the street. There's really something for just about everyone there. They gave me a list of places that deliver to the hotel, as well, and that was helpful. Mostly pizza places but a Chinese place and I think Ruby Tuesdays or something like that.
Overall, this hotel exceeded my expectations. I will do this again. I paid less than $150 total which for what I got I thought was reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North is located off I-75, only 10 minutes away from downtown attractions. Free hot breakfast is served daily as well as free hot food and cold beverages every evening at our 5:30 Kickback(R). Dayton is known as the birthplace of aviation, famous for the Wright Brothers, and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Dayton North
- Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North Hotel Dayton
- Drury Inn Dayton
- Drury Dayton
- Dayton Drury Inn
- Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North Ohio