“OMG Awesome”

Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Dayton/Beavercreek, OH
“OMG Awesome”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I needed a break from family for some "me time". The lady at the front desk was very sympathetic and understanding. I don't have a credit card so I drove there from my house to see if I could book the room I wanted (king size with jacuzzi tub) with cash and she was very accommodating. She even gave me the online rate instead of the rack rate.

The room itself was amazing. Big and clean and quiet, the tub was huge and relaxing. There was a comfortable armchair, a desk, lots of lights, and the bed... oh the bed. Firm and soft, with five pillows. Amazing.

The internet was fast and easy to connect. Everything I wanted this hotel to be, was. They have a social hour type of thing in the evenings with three free alcoholic drinks for every registered adult and differing hot foods. I didn't partake of this nor the breakfast in the morning but it did smell good.

When housekeeping knocked on the door before I was ready, all I had to do was say so and they said they would come back later. Unlike the ten-ish-year-old that kept banging on my door at 8am until I finally told him to knock it off.

They have a fitness center, pool, and public whirlpool that were clean and sparkling. The brochure mentioned a business center that I didn't use.

This hotel is situated on Miller Lane, which has many hotels in all price ranges. There are about thirty places to eat, and a WalMart across the street. There's really something for just about everyone there. They gave me a list of places that deliver to the hotel, as well, and that was helpful. Mostly pizza places but a Chinese place and I think Ruby Tuesdays or something like that.

Overall, this hotel exceeded my expectations. I will do this again. I paid less than $150 total which for what I got I thought was reasonable.

Room Tip: This hotel has several floors dedicated non-smoking. The room I was in, was at the end of a hallway...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Laborcat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Clayton, Ohio
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I took my kids there for a weekend stay to swim and have fun yet had a knock on our door at 8 am Cus someone said my kids were loud and they til management that I needed to shut them up or they would call children services well as all should know its hard to maintain a 3 and 4 yr old in a small room, I felt this was uncalled for felt pushed out...we left early just because we felt unwanted...we will never be back unless something changes

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank ElizabethDawes82
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
First, I’d like to thank you for staying with us and being our guest. At Drury, we believe comments like yours can help us to better our service for all guests. Our guest satisfaction is our number one priority. I apologize that you experienced problems during your stay. I regret that you felt you needed to leave the hotel and did not get to enjoy your get away to the fullest due to another guest’s hurtful comments. Please be assured that the Hotel would never call any authorities unless there was eminent danger to a guest that would require their services. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and helps us as we strive to provide each guest with a clean, comfortable, and relaxing lodging experience while away from home. We value your opinion and hope that you will come back to give us an opportunity to earn your trust and provide you the outstanding service and atmosphere that you deserve.
Thank you!
M. Monterosso, Assistant General Manager
Graniteville, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Everything went perfect for this stay. Check in and out was quick and easy. The staff were some of the most friendly people I have met. Breakfast was above average. The evening kickback was nothing special but at least they are trying. The room was very clean. The room I had was directly in front of the elevators. The ice machines were also near the elevators. I was a little concerned about noise. However, I did not hear a sound from the elevators or the ice machine during the entire stay. I couldn't ask for anything more.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bvilletravel
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 9 January 2012

This hotel is well appointed, very clean and friendly. Good value too. Happy hour with snacks and breakfast.

Room Tip: They have king size beds and they are very comfortable and accept AAA discount.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Babe5
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The rooms were dated but not bad. Great choices for restaurants in the area. The breakfast in the morning is great.

2 Thank Patty099
St. Pete Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We arrived @ 6AM Christmas morning after driving all night from VA. The 2nd door to the hotel lobby was locked (security) and I called from the phone which was answered promptly. Once I showed a picture id the doors opened and I explained to Betty (I think) that we were not due to check in until 3PM. I was a bit dissappointed that they would not prorate the room, but, it was Christmas morning. We got to our room and went to bed. They have a wonderful HOT breakfast selection along with fruit, bagels, toast, cereal, yogurt, etc. In the afternoon there was free popcorn & free sodas. In the evening there was HOT food and bar service with 2 free drink tickets per adult! Definitely a great value:} I was also a bit dissappointed that we did not have a microwave & refrigerator in our room because I had my 6 month old grandson with me, but I did not think to ask when booking because it was a last minute trip to surprise our family! The hotel was very clean, staff was exceptionally friendly, the hotel lobby felt very homey and the room was plenty big. The room was very nice and comes with shampoo, conditioner & shower gel dispenser in shower. There is also hairdryer and coffee in room. Thank you to everyone that worked with a smile on Christmas to make us feel right @ home. We will return.

1 Thank Mauibabe70
Paris, France
Reviewed 26 December 2011

What a great value, free dinner and breakfast plus three alcoholic beverages free per person per night. The rooms are modern with flat screen TVs. The indoor/outdoor pool was great. Friendly staff and clean facilities. Would definitely stay here again. Perfect for families.

1 Thank tbird38