“Awesome Experience!”

Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Winston Salem, United States
“Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a family reunion, not only was the place extremely clean with comfortable rooms and well maintained, the staff was outstanding! I was part of a large group and they made us all feel welcome. I would highly recommend this property!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Brian M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Good afternoon Kristopher P,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your online survey. My name is Brian Moore, General Manager at the Hampton Inn and Suites Dayton/Vadnalia on Miller Lane. I was very pleased that you had such a wonderful experience at my teams hotel.

We are glad that you all had such a great time at our property. It was nice seeing so much family in our hotel at one time using the lobby to reconnect and building lasting memories.

We hope to see some or all of you again some time.

Thank you for choosing us!

Warmest regards,
Brian Moore, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Murfreesboro, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was a great hotel room and a great hotel with excellent service. Clean room and fantastic bed. Staff was friendly and very helpful, the breakfast was a good and the pool and fitness center where great. The location was easy access to the freeway and plenty shopping restaurants very close

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Vandalia, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I set up my uncle's stay here. Being his last trip to travel due to condition... I explained his poor health condition & his needs. The young lady said he'd be taken care of and not to worry. My uncle said to me "I don't know what you did to get me this room but it was fantastic." All I did was explain what he needed.. & this Hampton made it happen. It's wonderful to know they hire & train staff "that have a clue" & are compassionate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Laporte, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Staff was excellent, hotel was up to date, and cleanliness in public areas and rooms were well kept. From a previous Hampton GM who is still involved in the hotel business, my hat is off to the mgmt. team and staff on a great job and great stay for me and my family.

Barberton, Ohio
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stopover on trip to Arizona. Extremely helpful staff, clean and modern, with excellent restaurant choices nearby. Can't go wrong choosing this property. Would stay again in a heartbeat. Thanks to the staff for a wonderful stay!

Youngstown
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night with my husband and two elementary school daughters, and this was our second time here. We didn’t even look at other properties because we had had a positive experience before.

The location of the hotel is great. I really like the Miller Lane area, which is a retailer “strip” of sorts with countless restaurants including fast food, O’ Charley’s, Cracker Barrel, Skyline Chili, Lone Star, Smokey Bones, Chick-Fil-A, Outback and more. We didn’t do much exploring outside of our day trip, but there was a [new-looking] Wal-Mart as well as a Sam’s Club right in the vicinity.

The front desk staff was courteous, and the lobby offered a complimentary continental breakfast in the morning. The breakfast was good with a variety of hot and cold selections including cheese omelets, French toast sticks, make-your-own waffles, sausage, cereals, bagels, Danishes, yogurts, juices, etc.

The hotel itself was nice. The room was neat and clean with the usual flat screen TV, desk, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, etc. My only complaint was with the beds, and it’s just my personal preference. The beds are very soft and plush. Despite being clean and white and inviting ... they are a little too puffy-soft for me.

The hotel was moderately busy, but I never noticed anyone. I.e., I never sensed large crowds or heard noise. We didn’t use the pool, but it looked clean and inviting. This location also had a workout area with a few pieces of equipment.

Another good stay overall.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel was perfect. We were ever able to get an upgrade to a suite, as this was our very first family vacation with our daughter with gave us a bit more room and we are so very thankful and for the staff who went above and beyond to make this the best vacation.