“Great Stay While On The Road”

SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My family and I stayed at the Spring Hill Suites Dayton South twice in the month of August while traveling. Overall, great stay, clean, comfortable and of good value. Details:

Location: This would probably be the hotels only downfall. The hotel is hidden down a hill behind a Home Depot near the Dayton Mall. I did not see any signs for the hotel while getting off the interstate.
Check in was fast and friendly, recommended a local pizza chain for dinner.
Room: Standard Spring Hill Suites set-up, large room, fridge, microwave, sofa bed and lots of room for a family of four to spread-out after a day of driving. The room did not get very cool, determined the next morning that the curtain was blocking the intake vent to the air conditioning.
Breakfast: Standard fare, eggs, bacon, yogurt, waffles etc, pretty good. The coffee was really the only weak point (literately) of the breakfast. It was out half the time, the other half it was so weak you wished it was out.
Pool/workout: The pool was indoor and small but nice. The workout area, while small contained 2 very nice treadmills for all the runners out there.
Overall great stay, clean, comfortable, and convenient. I would also consider the hotel a great value.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Terri L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for all your wonderful comments! We here at SpringHill Suites pride ourselves on customer service. I apologize for the coffee and we have since changed the way we brew our coffee to ensure that it is much more appealing and stronger for our guests. Again, thank you and hope the next time you pass this way you keep us in mind!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed for one week while visiting relatives in Dayton area. Most things were above average, although breakfast was average. Waffles were available on the weekend only and that's when the dining area was most congested. Also they need to improve the parking lot security as there was a break-in to someone else's car. Hotel is down a small hill from the main road and somewhat out of the way. All and all, however, it was a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property. We here at the SpringHill Suites pride ourselves on customer service. We are working on improving our overall breakfast to ensure there is something for everyone. As for the car break-in I was sorry to hear about that but I do know they caught the guy.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

The exterior is beautifully landscaped, it's tucked away near Dayton Mall, but it goes downhill from there. Service was not great, nor were the rooms.

The gentleman at the front desk wasn't overly friendly, couldn't find my reservation for 5 minutes, then couldn't figure out how to make the credit card work. It was an unpleasant experience, all in.

The room was much more dated and had much more wear and tear than the lobby (which was quite nice). It was surprising, in a not good way. The furniture was a little dated, the carpet showed some marks, and the bathroom had some mildew in a few places. Nothing terrible, but worse than either of the other two nearby Marriott properties.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank efish724
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Hotel is very clean and comfortable for traveling for business during the weekday. Kevin was very understanding to accommodate my weekday travel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I didn't expect much - I travel a lot for business. However, the hotel was first rate. We liked it so much we stayed an extra night. It was quiet. The staff was receptive and helpful and very importantly, they were extremely friendly. The manager's reception was good. But, most importantly, it was quiet. It was a little hard to find at first, but the location is good and there are a number of good places nearby to eat.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I travel to the Dayton area often to visit my son. This was my first time staying at the Springhill and I will not stay again. The breakfast was awful, there were HVAC issues so the temperature was around 80, and there was no hot tub. I was kept up all night by the sound of dripping water that was inside the wall behind my bed. For the price of a room, I was expecting a much better experience. Parking seems to be an issue here too. A few guests were talking about having to park at the Home Depot next door. They had to walk up a ridiculously steep driveway and walk on a busy road in order to get to their cars. I will look at different hotels by the Dayton Mall for my next stay in Dayton. You couldn't pay my to stay at the Springhill Suites again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Dawn P
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over the weekend while in town for my daughter's dance competition. The hotel was pretty nice, really liked the beds. The area where the beds were was kind of a tight fit, but it worked OK. My only real complaint was the breakfast, I have to say it was terrible. The biscuits were hard and cold. The coffee tasted very old, and the oatmeal had no taste.

We ended up having to check out a day early after the check out time due to approaching ice and snow and Zack, the front desk clerk was awesome enough to let us leave with no penalty. I really appreciated him understanding and allowing us to leave.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends