The property was very nice, clean, and updated. Definately had the Marriott feel I enjoy no matter which property I stay at.
The customer service was lacking in a huge way. The woman working the front desk was very slow. She didnt seem to know what she was doing. She was talking to the computer saying things like "oh come on" "what are you doing" "I already pressed that button" regardless if she was having legitimate computer issues or not she shouldnt make it apparent to the guest in front of her.
After check in I went to the room to freshen up and stopped by the front desk again and asked if she would call a cab for me. After about 30 minutes a 1990's worn out former police cruiser shows up but it did not have a taxi top light. The driver identified himself as being there for us so we get in the car and i noticed there was no meter. So I asked the driver about both the lack of top light and meter, he stated that he was not a cab but a private car service and he doesnt charge by a meter he just charges by the destination with a $15 minimum.
So at this point in my evening the woman at the front desk is completely incompetent in my eyes. If I ask for a cab you call a cab and if I were wanting a private car service I would be extremely dissatisified if a 1990's worn out police cruiser showed up. That is not by any stretch of the imagination the kind of private car a hotel should be calling for a guest.
On my way back to the hotel I got in an actual cab and the trip only cost $6 on an the cab meter...I paid $15 for the trip earlier that night in the "private car". So if a guest asks for a cab you should call an actual cab!
Lastly on the customer service front; when I came back to the hotel around 2am the man working the front desk was very grumpy and I dont think he even knew what a smile was. I purchased something from the market and he was not welcoming, friendly, or providing any acceptable form of customer service that I expect from someone representing the marriott brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Dayton hotel is near the University of Dayton Arena offers all of the comfort you expect from a Marriott hotel. Our updated guest rooms and suites offer luxury bedding, mini-refrigerators and Free Wireless High Speed Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Dayton-University of Dayton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Dayton-University Of Dayton Hotel Dayton
- Dayton Marriott
- Dayton Courtyard
- Courtyard Dayton-University Of Dayton Ohio