“First time. I didn't know what to expect”

Rusty Bucket Restaurant and Tavern
Ranked #18 of 760 Restaurants in Dayton
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: It's what every neighborhood needs. A fun, fast, and friendly place to dine, celebrate, or just hang. And be all of those things to families, children, singles, grandparents, students and business people. That's the thinking behind the concept of the Rusty Bucket Restaurant and Tavern. And it's what you'll find in every corner of each and every one. From the menu - a combination of updated familiar favorites designed to delight food lovers of every type and age - to the warmth of the naturalistic decor, underscored by a staff that embodies Genuine Hospitality, Rusty Bucket feels immediately familiar and comfortable to anyone that walks in. It's where your neighborhood eats, drinks & laughs
Buckhannon, West Virginia
“First time. I didn't know what to expect”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was in the area for business. I wanted to find a place that was different but good. I noticed the parking lot was full and as cars pulled out there was one waiting. So I decided to give it a try. The service was pretty good. The food was very god as well. But they have a beer menu that is great. Very many selections. Since it was just quick trip my wife went with me.
I had the Ruben which was very filling with generous portions. My wife had the Pesto Chicken Pasta. It was absolutely one of the best things I have tasted in awhile (She insisted I try it).

• Visited November 2013

Middletown, Ohio
“Limited Menu”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I was disappointed in the limited menu, this place really isn't much more than a sandwich & burger place. The beer selection is very good.

Visited November 2013
Gettysburg, Ohio
“Always been good for us - beer selection is great!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We live about an hour north of the Rusty Bucket in Miamisburg, so we dine here maybe 3 times a year. That being said, we have never had a bad meal or service on any visit, and our last one was no exception. It is typical pub/bar food... sandwiches, soups, "blue plate" entrees, etc., but our meals have always been hot, and plentiful. The chili is very good, as are the fish & chips, and of course - how can you go wrong with the Elvis Velveeta Burger?!? They have expanded their beer menu quite a lot since our last visit (also remodeled since we were last there), and we like all of the new offerings on tap!
If you are going on a Friday or Saturday night, get there before 5pm or after 8pm. Otherwise you can expect a wait of 30+ minutes.

• Visited November 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“Poor Grand Opening”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Ate here on one of their "Grand Reopening" nights. Not sure why there was a grand reopening. Not much of a crowd that night. Décor is decent.
Hostess barely gave acknowledgement of our stepping into the restaurant. The waitress was probably the best part of the dining experience. The garlic bread was presented the first time extremely burnt; the second time, the waitress said they had burned it again; the manager brought the third round of burnt garlic bread. When I complained this time, the manager (I believe, as she did not announce her name and position but was dressed slightly better than the wait staff) finally said she would discount the meal--I wasn't planning on paying for that anyway. One serving of burnt bread is too much. On top of that, 50% of the pasta dish I received was diced tomatoes which tasted canned not fresh; the pasta was nothing extraordinary--for the price, it should have been homemade. Although I like garlic, garlic sauce on the pasta and garlic on the bread is a little too much.
Mac & cheese was also ordered but was very bland and dry. Much, too much unseasoned panko breading was placed on top--probably enough of that for four servings.
Buffalo chicken sandwich was doused with so much sauce that the breading was soggy.
Poor quality food and way overpriced. Not worth a return visit.
Out of 100%:
Manager 40%, Host(ess) 11%, Food 17%, and Server 29% or 2 out of 5 stars

• Visited October 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“Not your average corner tavern!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The Rusty Bucket just outside the Dayton Mall has been remodeled and recently re-opened as The Rusty Bucket Corner Tavern. I was pleasantly surprised with the variety of menu choices and multitude of draft beers, The restaurant was busy during my weekday visit for lunch, however service was excellent and my waiter was knowledgeable about the offerings. The tuna wrap was cooked rare as ordered and accompanied by a wonderful oriental dipping sauce and tasty side salad. Definitely worth ordering if you like tuna.

• Visited October 2013