“I Don't Get It!!”

Ranked #31 of 748 Restaurants in Dayton
Price range: US$25 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are an independently owned and operated business serving our community for the past 39 years. We focus every day on ensuring quality, consistency, and cleanliness in everything we do. Being that the definition of our name 'Paragon' means a symbol of excellence, it truly represents the example we are setting in every aspect from the guests, to the cuisine, to our staff. We look forward to hosting you and your guests soon. Thank you, The Paragon Supper Club
Atlanta, Georgia
“I Don't Get It!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Based on the prior reviews, and comparative analyses to the Pine Club and Oakwood Club we thought we would check it out.

Very disappointed in just about everything except our Server #10 (sorry I forgot her name), and my Hot Fudge Sundae. We had filet mignons which were cooked fine but the quality of the meat was really sub-par. I suggest they change suppliers and go to Costco for their tenderloins, (never had a bad one from there). The mushrooms were straight out of a can, the hashbrowns were not very good, the fried onion strings were fine. But the real dissappointment was with the filets. When one had to use four or five sawing motions to get something cut, then something is very wrong. I would not recommended this above Longhorn Steak. Sorry but the reviews I read don't match this experience, will not go back, ---period.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank cooger11

Middletown, Ohio
“Great Service, Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I had been to the Paragon many years ago and the service was less than stellar. Because of this, we hadn't been back. However, we received a gift certificate to the Paragon Club for Christmas, so we decided to cash it in last night. The hostess, Carolin, was professional, yet fun. She took great care of us. She had picked our server, Chris, who did a fantastic job. He was very attentive and accommodating. In addition, my filet migon was one of the best steaks that I have ever had.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Rick R
Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Steak house for the over 75 crowd”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

First the good news - the steaks are excellent. I've been here a dozen times over the last 5 years and the filet mignon is always great. Other "steak" dishes like stroganoff, tenderloin tips, etc. are disappointing. Stewed tomatoes and salted pumpernickel rolls are a treat for those of us who remember what they are. Prices for good quality wine by the bottle are the lowest in the Dayton area. Service generally is very good, but occasionally is spotty.

Décor is 40-50 years old. No on line reservations, no email address to express opinions to management, no voice message so you can make a reservation during "off" hours. Basically think of how you made reservations 40-50 years ago, and it's the same.

• Visited October 2013
Springboro, Ohio
“Very good food-very dated decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

We took my Aunt here for her 82nd birthday at her request. If you are younger than 82 you might find the ambience more than a little dated.
Per my Aunt the decor has been the same for 40 years.
That said we enjoyed a great meal with superb service from our waiter.
There were 5 in our party and everyone was happy. Steaks were cooked as ordered and salads were very fresh with excellent dressing that we were told was house made.
I guess my take away is go for the food. Not a good place for a great dining experience.

Visited October 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
“You'll wish you'd gone to the Paragon !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

One of the nicer restaurants in the Dayton, OH area. Iv'e been here at least three times in the last four years and would not hesitate to bring a special date here that I wanted to impress.

Great streaks are always cooked perfect and come with crispy onions. In always get the Hash browns to go with. Creamed spinach was also good.

Skipped the dessert this time, since I was too full!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Tom H

Been to Paragon Club? Share your experiences!