“Now my favorite ice cream place”

Graeter's Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 22 Dessert in Dayton
Description: Handcrafted for Five Generations Since 1870. Louis and Regina Graeter started handcrafting Graeter's Ice Cream in 1870. Today, generations later, we proudly remain family owned and operated. This is made possible thanks to you, our legion of loyal fans. For a century and a half, Graeter's has remained steadfast in our commitment to making ice cream in 2 gallon French Pots one batch at a time.
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I can’t believe how smooth and rich tasting this ice cream is! The store has a very cute old fashion feel to it that makes me want to sit there and eat my ice cream. There is not as many options as cold stone, but the quality of ice cream is much better here. I got the 1870 Tower with two scoops to share with my husband. It had bundt cake on the bottom mixed with hot fudge and nuts. It’s really perfect for sharing. I also grabbed a chocolate bar and could not put it down, better than Hershey’s chocolate. They sell birthday cakes here and this is where I am getting mine!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Graeter's has good ice cream, but much of it includes corn syrup (I have a corn allergy), so I don't go often. They sent me a coupon for a free birthday sundae, but it expired by the time I was able to use it--what a disappointment! Plus, as they suggested, I had taken a couple of friends and ended up spending $15 for our ice cream (easy to do--this is a high-priced place).

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Graeter's is based out of Cincinnati and has a few shops scattered around our metro area. It has an updated "ice cream shop" feel. They change up their flavors by featuring seasonal ones along with their standards. You can see the summer seasonal flavor that I was partial to.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a true ice cream lovers dream. The flavors are amazing and fresh. The texture is creamy and it is my favorite.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Coffee in a pretzel cone! You will love it.. If not that they have plenty of other great flavors to love. It has the old fashioned ice cream parlor feel still and free water from old time looking fountain!

Been to Graeter's Ice Cream? Share your experiences!