“Better than fast food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Steakhouse
San Antonio
“Better than fast food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Bar inventory was skimpy and my drink was not all that great. Food was OK. Pretty much everything else nearby was fast food so I would go back before I would do fast food.

• Visited July 2012

Dayton, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BOY THAT'S A GOOD STEAK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

I have never had a bad experience at Lone Star. Prices are decent but the steaks are out of this world!

Visited March 2012
Springboro, OH
“Tough steak and dirty surroundings”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

At one time Lone Star had decent steaks. No more. They have gone to a cheap, tough cut. The steaks are dry and lacking in flavor - all steaks as I've tried several. I don't need that. The grill at DLM cooks a better steak at half the price.

Visited April 2012
Palm Coast, Florida
“Great food, great price, and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

Was in Dayton for a quarterly business meeting, and had been on travel eating fast food the day before - so I went to Lone Star for a meal and a beer. Was seated promptly, server came quickly, and was knowledgeable. I had a great bacon wrapped sirloin done exactly as I asked for it - with a great salad and loaf of bread. Was as good a meal as I've had on the road - and I travel a lot. Two thumbs up.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank mahanc46
North Port, Florida
“Will visit again once in awhile!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

I was overall happy with the experience at Lone Star. It was both mine and my husbands first time eating here. We liked the dim lighting and casual feeling of the restaurant. The booths are nice since they have higher raised up backs so its more private feeling. The service was good, not over the top great but decent. There were many choices off the menu, good selection. Our wait was a typical wait for what was ordered(ribs & steak) Everything was cooked good. The steak wasn't to impressive, though it was cooked right, there wasn't much flavor. The ribs however was the best of the meal. Also, I love the steak fries and my husband really liked his side of rice. It was a enjoyable experience and we will be back again sometime. The prices were a little pricey so this isn't somewhere we would go often, of course for the type of food, it is expected. Again its a nice place, friendly staff and good food.

• Visited January 2011