“Mediocre at best”

Meadowlark Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 752 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mediocre at best”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went for our 25th anniversary. Looking for something different and interesting. Menu was interesting but unfortunately, food was not. Strip steak gristly. Chicken dish bland and flavorless, kind of like the service. We won't be going back.

1 Thank David C

Dayton, Ohio
“Always a great meal and excellent service”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I've eaten at Meadowlark many times and the food is always tasty, sensibly priced and inventive, and the service is top notch. In addition to the standard menu, there is a separate list of specials that feature local ingredients. You can't go wrong at this restaurant.

Visited April 2014
“Over-rated”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant more than once. My first visit was the result of a recommendation from a friend. After my first visit, I figured I would return to see if I missed something. I didn't. In my opinion, this is an all around average restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Michael B
Beavercreek, Ohio
“Great Food, Wonderful Atmosphere”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had heard great things about Meadowlark for years but never got a chance to try it until recently. Went there with my family, it is the cutest restaurant! There are beautiful paintings and artwork hanging on all the walls, it has a warm welcoming environment. It's a nice restaurant, without being stuffy and overly fancy. I feel like I could come here dressed casually with my family or a couple friends, or dressed up on a date with my boyfriend. They have a great menu, everything was delicious, using local, fresh, ingredients.

• Visited February 2014
“Great Food”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Kind of hard to locate because it sits off the road and behind a bank. Once it is discovered thought it can easily become a regular go to restaurant. I am looking forward to returning again for lunch and/or dinner. They do not except reservations for group smaller than 5, so take advantage of call ahead seating to not have a long wait.

• Visited December 2013