“Definitely will go back”

Figlio Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #49 of 761 Restaurants in Dayton
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dayton, Ohio
“Definitely will go back”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Been there a number of times. Always good food. Chix piccata this time - over pasta, pear salad, ice cream dessert, wine, all very nice- even had leftovers. Service, fine. eat on the porch for fun ambiance.

• Visited April 2014

Panama City, Florida
“Nice salads and wood-fired pizzas”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We had a nice date night dinner here after skipping this location before due to the wait. It is popular with the Kettering locals. We had two great salads and pizzas. Their focaccia with herbs and oil as a starter was also nice. We didn't try any pasta but it looked good from everything we saw. They've done a good job decorating a place that sits in the back of a strip mall and made it feel inviting. We sat on the front enclosed patio area and not near the open kitchen. Prices are fair. Kids are okay but it can get crowded.

• Visited March 2014
Dayton, Ohio
“For the Dayton area, excellent wood-fired pizza”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Went during Restaurant Week to try out. Prelude: Several times I've seen the "Figlio" sign at the end of the Kettering shopping strip building, next to Traders Joe; however, was mislead on my part to think it was the name of the glass-walled, home retail store in which it hovers over. Don't make my mistake. The establishment is on the inside of the out-dated shopping center, and definitely worth trying. Dining: Nice ambiance, modern-rustic decor. Had the corn/seafood chowder along with the bread appetizers, and immediately surprised by the quality of the food. Same with the chicken pizza and the seafood pasta. Tried some of their wines, which (for their price) was good quality, and pared well with the food. For dessert, we tried the cherry pie (in a small mason jar) and the tiramisu. Our waitress was pretty attentive, and we did not have to wait long for our meal. Overall, we will definitely be back again to try different foods.

• Visited January 2014
“A Kettering Gem”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

We celebrated my birthday tonight at Figlio Wood Fired Pizza in Kettering. What an amazing meal and service! We arrived about a half an hour before our reservation,and were promptly seated. Our server Molly was one of the sweetest and best servers that we have had in a very long time.We both ordered the Peasant Salad that came on a chilled plate, and was fresh and delicious. My husband ordered the Drunken Shrimp pasta and I the Chicken Marsala pasta. Both were delicious and the perfect amount of pasta for an entree. Fresh baked bread is served along with fresh herbs mixed with olive oil with every meal. Yummy! The wine by the glass is both reasonable and a decent pour. I highly recommend this wonderful local restaurant for young and old! There is a reasonably priced meal for everyone at this gem of a restaurant,

Visited December 2013
Clayton, Ohio
“Expected a bit more...”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We went to Figlio's as part of the Restaurant Week and felt as though we were on the fence about the experience, hence the average rating. We enjoyed the look and feel of the place and was surprised by the size. We led to our table by one of the hostesses and she led us directly to a table that was backed up to the open kitchen with the serving staff standing right behind us by about a foot. While we really enjoy the open kitchen concept we didn't want to sit in the middle of it, so we asked to be moved to a table a little farther away and we received a hint of an attitude from the hostess. There were plenty of open tables so we didn't think the request should have warranted this response. Our server was very nice and friendly so we forgot about the previous situation.

Since they are known for the pizza we ordered both offerings on the RW menu. My husband ordered the Peasant Salad, which was standard and I had the Corn and Shrimp Chowder. My chowder was very good, flavorful and chunky. The pizza offerings were mushroom and blue cheese which my husband ordered and I had the other which we were told was a house specialty and hugely popular. It was asparagus and red pepper rings with goat cheese drizzled with honey. My husband stopped at the honey, but I figured I would give it a try. Here is where we had to go with the average rating. On both pizza's there was very little cheese and on mine it seemed like the pizza was cooked a little too long and was a bit dried out. The cheeses also had no flavor, which seemed odd considering that these were two very distinct and strong flavored cheeses. The honey seemed to overpower the rest of the items on the pizza, not sure if too much was used or it just wasn't a good combo. The crust wasn't bad but thinking wood fired, it should have been a bit crispier around the edges. We have had pizza many places cooked in this fashion and have a certain expectation on the outcome.

One thing we thought was great was the pre-meal bread and herbed dipping sauce. The herbs and bread were very fresh and delicious that we ate two orders. We also ordered the Tirimisu for desert but were so full we had it wrapped up and took it with us. Had some for breakfast this morning and it was delish!

We we definitely try Figlio again, as we try to give restaurants the benefit of the doubt during Restaurant Week.

• Visited August 2013