“Good - Clean Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
San Jose, California
“Good - Clean Hotel”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Lisa at the front desk was very nice. The lobby was updated and the free breakfast was fine. You would not leave hungry. I had a 2nd floor room away from the highway and was very quiet. The room is a little small. Bed comfortable and flat screen TV with Fridge. Yes I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
DebbieWills, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Ceskydup,
Thank you so much for recognizing our front desk clerk, Lisa. She is exceptional with our guests! I am glad you enjoyed our extensive and hot continental breakfast! It's great to when a guest leaves happy!

Guest Service Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The staff was friendly, helpful and really cared! The room was clean and there were no problems. The fridge does not exactly fit in the cabinet it sits in, but that was minor. I found my stay there to be relaxing and peaceful! I would most definitely go back! Ground floor rooms have their doors right off the parking lot, the second floor had each room entrance from outside and the third floor, you could take the lobby elevator up to the third floor. It stopped and you were outside on a balcony and then had to use your key card to go inside and then go to your room, I did not find that to be a problem. Even when ordering a pizza, I did need to go to the lobby but the front desk was courteous enough to give a call and also the delivery driver called!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy R
DebbieWills, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Amy,
Thanks for all of your kind words of our staff and the hotel. We have some of the most helpful staff- from our front desk clerks to our van drivers! I hope you enjoyed your stay with us and choose to stay with us the next time you are in Dayton! We would love to have you again!

Warm wishes,
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Flew into Dayton and needed a room for one night. As a Marriott rewards memeber I had a few choices around the area and picked this one based on location. The hotel is an older building, but well maintained. My flight was delayed and I didn't get to check-in until 2AM. The night clerk was polite and professional and my room was waiting. My room was small. A king bed with only a little space around each side. Not a big deal since I was only staying one night. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. I was a little concerned about noise being so close to I35, but once I was in and had the AC on, I didn't hear anything. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Brian G
Dear Brian,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you visited Dayton! We are thrilled you chose us among the other area hotels when you flew into the Dayton Airport. I hope you chose to stay with us again when you are back in the area.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Shuttle to the airport was nice and timely, free breakfast on the way out the door, great pick up upon landing, low enough nightly rate to keep airport parking fees waived in consideration of services and conveniences.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank explorepossibilities
DebbieWills, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and services. We strive to ensure our guest receive personal service and a great start to there trip. I am pleased to see we did just that. We look forward to seeing you on your return trip.

Debbie Wills
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed one night on the way to Detroit. Room was very clean. Décor was beautiful. Air worked well. This is an older hotel that has been remodeled but it has been done very well. Only thing that couldn't be remolded was the small bath---but all the tile and paint was new. Next door to one of our fave places to eat-- Max and Erma's. Would Stay Here Again if in Area. Front Desk Girl was nice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
DebbieWills, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Bill,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We strive to provide great value, comfortable accommodations and excellent service. During the renovation process, we certainly have worked extra to ensure we do that. I am very glad to see that we managed to do so. With renovations finally complete, we hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I start all my reviews by saying I have no choice where I stay, my employer makes the decision for me.
On this last trip to Dayton, I was given a choice to stay at either the Fairfield Inn, the Red Roof Inn, and some other place. It's rare to have a choice as my employer is pretty cheap and I end up staying in flea-bag hotels.
The front desk folks were friendly and helpful.
As soon as I got into the room I had that "Wow" reaction. The room looked very new and trendy, modern and sleek. The best part is that the room had brand new carpeting, what a pleasant shock.
The room had the standard microwave, fridge, and coffee maker and the tv had a few hundred channels to choose from.
The breakfast was the most wonderful I have ever seen in a hotel, keep in mind I usually stay at flea-bag hotels.
There was scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, waffles, a large crock pot of fresh oatmeal, cold cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt, fresh pineapple, white/wheat bread, bagels, English muffins, donuts, muffins, along with milk, coffee, cranberry and apple juice. I was really impressed that this hotel offered such a great breakfast !!!
Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, the Fairfield Inn hotel chain is where you want to stay.
This hotel is located just off of I75 so there is some noise from the interstate but it's not too terrible. There are a few hundred restaurants within walking distance. A small amount of construction going on inside the hotel while I was there but it created no problem at all.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind reviews. We strive to always provide our guest with a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I am so glad we succeed. Should your travels bring you to Dayton once again, we hope to see you then. Have a wonderful day.

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We always enjoy this place since it is close to the airport. They are redecorating the place, but does not disturb their service to you. Good breakfast starting at 4am for people flying out of Dayton--great accommodation for travelers. Staff is friendly and helpful and rooms clean. We will stop here again when we are flying to Dayton

Dear Librarian

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It was also very nice to note that you have stayed with us before. Our renovation is finally complete, the next time you stay, you will notice a very different deco, very bright and cheerful colors and a much more open floor plan In the lobby and breakfast area. Thank you again for your kind remarks, we'll look forward to serving you once again on your next trip from Dayton. Have a wonderful day.