I arrived on Halloween night at 1:30am (they expected my late arrival since I was driving 5 hours after taking my kids trick-or-treating). After removing the plastic covering from my door, I entered my room to find it unbarably hot! The air conditioner apparently was not working. I finally fell asleep around 3:00am but was awakened at 4:30am by the neighbor's alarm (which wasn't very loud). Unable to go back to sleep and afraid I would over-sleep, I got up and got ready for my 8:00am appointment--planning to return to my room for an afternoon nap before my evening conference.
I purposely went back to my room around noon since I was hoping to return to a cleaned room. When I returned, I found a construction crew working outside my door. So, I placed the 'privacy please' sign on my door with every intent to take a nap when I quickly realized that the construction crew had no reservations where they were working or the noise level. If I wasn't so tired, I would have complained and demanded a new room...but, I was hoping they would stop eventually...which they never did.
The front desk called my room around 2:30 and asked me if I was checking out soon...when I surprisingly responded that I had paid for 2 nights the young lady sounded almost put out (maybe I was just too tired). When I returned from my dinner I was unable to open my door. The front desk clerk also verified my problem when she also was unable to open it...and informed me that she would have to call maintenance. Of course, this part of my experience caused me to be late to my conference. While I was waiting, I noticed my air conditioner had cardboard taped over it...guess I figured out why it wasn't working! After 10 minutes of waiting in the 20 degree weather, I tried my key again by pushing the magnetic strip closer...which happened to unlock the door! When I called down to let them know I was able to get into my room, they responded by saying "oh, we have been having problems with these locks lately--we've actually had to use hair dryers to heat them up in some instances".
It also took me 2 days to figure out that I had to hold the flush button down until the water completely flushed through the toilet in order for it to flush completely (which was about 1 minute).
Not a very good experience. To add to my issues, when I calmly and politely (yes, really) explained my situation and how I was too tired to complain and switch rooms...their response was, "Since you purchased through Travelocity we are unable to offer you any rebate. If you like, I can add points to your Marriott rewards account." Apparently it didn't matter that I paid cash for one night and the other night was through Travelocity ??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travelers and aviation fans alike, the Red Lion Inn & Suites in Dayton is here to help you relax and recharge. With ample amenities and features, like daily HOT breakfast buffet & free airport shuttle (also goes within a 5 mile radius of the property), we ensure that your stay is comfortable and a great value. Our friendly staff is ready to help with any questions or concerns, and our accommodations provide you with soft beds for sweet dreams. Centrally located on I-75, one mile south of I-70 and just 10 minutes from Dayton International Airport, our prime location is convenient to downtown, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, the National Museum of the US Air Force, and Wright State University. History buffs will enjoy easy access to Carillon Historical Park and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park. If you’re bringing friends along, our group room rates are the best value option, and our pet-friendly hotel welcomes your four legged, family members too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Dayton North Hotel Dayton
- Fairfield Dayton
- Dayton Fairfield Inn
- Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton Ohio