The Hotel Dayton
Parkway Inn(Dayton)
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
Great 4.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

There is absolutely no way anyone could give this place above a 1. If they did, they're an employee or lying. The worst! Disgusting, horrible place! I would be so embarrassed to work here. They wanted to charge us $130 for this sickening room. There were trash cans catching water from water damage. The ceiling was falling in along the halls. The sealing in our bath had brown spots and damage. One small bar of soap. We were afraid to get into the bed which had something of a sheet on it. It wasn't cotton, don't know what the thin thing was. We couldn't find an elevator that had our room number included. We walked up and down the halls looking, went back to the desk and were told there wasn't an elevator for that room. We had to walk 2 flights of stairs dragging our huge bags. The "breakfast" was small, ran out of fruit early. Lightbulbs were out. Pillows on bed are very strange. They're square and small. Very odd. THE HANGERS HAD CLIPS THAT WERE THE WORST I'VE EVER SEEN. I have never seen anything like it. They were crusted with rust and could never be used to hang clothes. All arcade games required payment before play, even the pool table. My son had found the rooms for us. They had another room that was even worse, if possible. Our grandson had been walking around the room (he's 3) and the bottoms of his feet were filthy. When we left, we didn't see one worker cleaning rooms as you normally do at hotels when you check out. Please, please don't go here. It's not safe. It's a security risk and health risk. So sad that this place hasn't been leveled.

Room Tip: I find it impossible to believe anyone who stayed here would rate this above a 1. Please do not stay here. It's a disgusting "hotel".
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The management staff at the Ramada is vert rude pushes issues they should handle on other employees staff does their best be accomendating hotel is in dire needs of upgrades housekeeping needs more training new linens towels tvs etc. The man they call chef is very rude to staff and guest would not even allow us to have ice yet a glass of ice water please make some upgrades

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 17 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is located in a blighted area. As you approach, the property is rundown, the surrounding area is boarded-up buildings and a freeway, and there was a vagrant dumpster-diving in broad daylight. The parking lot is crumbling and weedy. I did not feel my vehicle would be safe.

I was travelling with my elderly parents who were outpatients at Riverview for two days, and this hotel was the closest advertised three-star hotel to the hospital. As such, I was able to view, consider, and reject two rooms at once. Neither room was sanitary or safe. Multiple questionable stains, cobwebs, mold, damp carpets, odd smells, a damaged deadbolt, a leaky toilet, a dog-chewed door, and missing light bulbs were just the few things I noticed in the brief minutes I spent in the two room. After being treated rudely by the manager I left, refund-be-blanked, and hustled my parents to the Hilton in Beavercreek. I have since initiated a refund via American Express.

The Ramada Plaza in Dayton and the Hilton of Beavercreek are both advertised on Expedia as 3-star hotels. There is clearly false advertising in effect, which the manager indicated was his modus operandi. Thank you American Express, and thank you, Hilton of Beavercreek!

3  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was, bar far, the worst hotel we ever stayed. It was run down, neglected and poorly maintained. The rooms were dirty, showers had abundant amounts of mold, the rooms smelled and were dated. Overall, it was a terrible experience. The hotel allowed 'non-guests' to use their pool and they misbehaved / carried on the entire time we visited..... additionally, while we were there, the police had to be called as there was a man with a gun on the property. I would never go back and any review that gives this hotel over a "1" rating will be mis-leading. Choose somewhere else as you wont be missing anything staying at this location.

Room Tip: Get a better room at a different hotel!
1  Thank naeaglegirl