“Good for a one night stay”

Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Orlando, Florida
“Good for a one night stay”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

This is a older hotel that does need some touch up but it's decent none the less there was some paint peeling in two spots on the roof in the corner of the room I stayed in and there was a slight odor of cigarette/cigar smoke in the room but it isn't very noticeable. The airconditioned could use some new directional vents but works fine none the less. Everything else was in good shape and up to date. The office staff was very helpful and cheerful whenever I neede their assistance. They do allow pets and have coin opperated laundry machines on site. There are plenty of restaraunts within walking distance or a short drive. They do not have any space for RVs, busses, or large trucks.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Montclair, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I travel often with my cat, and often stay at Red Roof Inns as they are pet friendly. Upon arriving at any hotel, I always check under the beds as there may be something under there that might injure or poison my cat if she ate it. This trip, I stayed at a Red Roof in St Clairsville OH (clean, smelled nice and friendly staff) and at a Red Roof in Indianapolis (less stellar but clean)...but this Red Roof Inn was poor in all respects. Lackluster staff, the room had no 'Do Not Disturb" card and no 'Rate this Inn' card...or I would have filled it out! Under the bed: condom wrapper, chocolate candy, some kind of pill, dead flies, a shot glass, one of the two beds with a broken frame and ripped out shredded liner on the box spring. I didn't find any evidence of bedbugs though. When I took a plastic cup with all the garbage I found under the bed to the front desk, the desk clerk asked if I wanted to change rooms (no, one clean up a night is enough) and that she would tell the manager, but no other offer of a refund etc. If I had planned on staying more than one night, I think I would have tried another hotel, as there are many on this street.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Teri T
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I stopped in the area to grab something quick to eat, refuel and continue on to Savannah. I had a flat tire which lead to me spending the night. Never again. I just wanted something cheap & clean. That's it. Cheap this was 50.00 including the taxes..OK. Clean not even close. Bed was clean but obviously cheap. I've slept better on my sofa at home. A/C heating unit had crud stuck in it and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. I sprayed Lysol all over it just to feel comfortable breathing. The room reeked of Febreze or whatever they spray to try to eliminate odors. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Right! It had cigarette burns on the office chair. Shower curtain had stains. Shower had hair in it (several pieces that any maid should have seen) GROSS. Dust on top of the lights stains on the in room safe. A skittle candy on the bathroom floor. Nope never again. I often get made fun of by friends for staying at higher end hotels when I'm away from home. I tried the economy route never again. The Courtyard by Marriott is right down the road from here and double the price but I think clean is worth it as long as you have the cash.

Room Tip: Go to the Marriott or Fairfield Inn down the street like I should have.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank iceman810
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Well because of work I'm at the Inn every weekend and I must say that every time i go there,Melinda,Pat,and the rest of the staff treat me with the utmost courtesy. the rooms are always very well maintained with an endless amount of kindness. Ive never had a problem with anything during my stay.The service at the front desk is professional,friendly,and quick....which really is a good thing when coming in tired from hours of driving.. I will definitely keep going here.. :)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Champaign
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I was travelling with my sister July, 2009 to visit friends in Vandalie, OH. We spent 2 nights at The Red Roof Inn on Miller Lane. The room was adequate and we had a pleasant stay. The price was right and we are booked to stay there again Aug. 18-20, this year. Also booked to stay at Red Roof in Cranberry, PA when we leave Dayton. Will let you know.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank randykay10
Roy, Utah
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We were delighted to find a pet friendly place that was nice & clean and didn't stick us in a room near the back where another popular pet friendly chain always does. The staff was very welcoming and didn't treat us like second class citizens just because we have a pet. The rates are very reasonable, beds are comfortable and we enjoyed our stay. This area also has lots of restaurants & shopping close by and very easy access to the freeway. We will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Dayton.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Becky8888
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We are frequent Red roof stayers and hadn't planned on stopping yet but got held up by traffic and decided to call it a night. Check in was friendly and effecient. They gave us some leads on restaurants since it was a busy friday night. The room was recently renovated and was clean and fine. Parking lot became full while we were out for dinner but the stay was quiet and uneventful.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple