“This is a horrible place! Do not stay here.”

Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
“This is a horrible place! Do not stay here.”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We arrived Friday at about 5 PM & checked into our room #142 on the backside of the hotel nearest the interstate. We first viewed two men that were filthy working in an automobile in the parking lot. (RED FLAG!). Next I witnessed a couple cussing and arguing as u was walking my dog. We walked over to the grassy area by Bob Evans. these two individuals proceeded to argue and i finally was walking back to my room when a police car was driving through the parking lot. i was inly a few feet away and i asked the officer if he patriled the parking lot throughout the night and he replied that he did. At that moment the man that was arguing with the lady started yelling that I needed to mind my own business and stay out of theirs along with a bunch of other stuff. The officer got out of his car and spoke with these people. I just walked back to my room. Evidently, this hotel rents rooms on a long term basis to individuals. This guy also stated that he lived their for two years and I was just staying the night with my dog.

This incident was reported to the staff on duty and they did say that this individual had had complaints in the past but that he was a long term tenant. They really made no effort to apologize or move us to another room.

Day TWO SATURDAY, we left the hotel at 6:30. AM to attend the dog show in Troy. We returned to the hotel at 3:30 PM. The same two guys that were outside were out in the parking lot now working on a black pickup truck. Our room had not been cleaned. We were tired and went to the office to ask why it hadn't been cleaned. We asked if it was possible to get two sets of clean towels and possibly get a discount since our room hadn't been cleaned. We were told no discount was possible and that they had until 7 PM TO CLEAN our room although she dud give us the towels. That is absolutely absurd and I've never stayed at a hotel with that policy.

This place had a lot of undesirable people ganging around the parking lot not caring what they fo not who's watching. I would gather that there is prostitution going in as well by viewing done if the ladies coming and going and the manner of dress and stilettos!

We should have found a different hotel from the get go as it is not a safe environment and the staff just doesn't care.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Dawnjmh1
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention. We are also very sorry for any inconvenience they may have caused you. It is our goal at the Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport to consistently provide clean comfortable rooms at a great value, so your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guest enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Kind regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Just stayed there last week on my way to St. Louis and really liked it's location, price, and nice room. Really was surprised by how nice the room was. I got in really late, 2 a.m., and the checkin was quick -- I did call them about 7:00 p.m. to let them know I was still in PA and gave them a 11:00 p.m. estimated time of arrival. Was very surprised how many great places to eat that were close to this place -- 24 hour steak n shake, red lobster, cracker barrel, outback steak house, hooters, etc. Real close and easy to find from I-70. My only bad experience was that around 3:40 a.m. someone was banging on my door multiple times -- was afraid someone was trying to break in. It stopped when I yelled out but could not get back to sleep for another hour as I was worried they might try again when I was asleep. Will try them again next week on my way back to Washington, DC and write another review then.

Room Tip: Would recommend being on first floor if you have alot of luggage. Also, not all rooms have refrige...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you recognized us as a good value and place to stay. I am so sorry to hear you were disturbed during the night. Our desk staff is on duty 24/7 please always feel free to call on us anytime during your stay. We are here to help out in any way we can day or night. We are looking forward to your return trip through our lovely city of Dayton. Thank you again for your nice comments.
Flushing, MI
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great choice to stay at! Large, clean rooms and the front desk staff was friendly and welcoming, plus had a good sense of humor! I travel a lot with my dogs and it's always a relief to find a pet-friendly hotel that is clean and so welcoming!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of your most recent stay. We appreciate your comments and most certainly will share them with the team. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you and your pets on your next trip to Dayton.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I stay at the red roof inn all the time. The clerk Patty is absolutely awesome. She always has a smile on her face and actually remembers my name. You need more front desk people like her!!! Although there is a clerk there that is very mean and disrespectful. Alyssia she is just mean. she has actually told me that she doesn't like people.She has tried to overcharge me on several occasions.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

The staff at this location was very rude, and that was when I could find a staff member working. I had asked to speak to the manager more than once and she was never in. I had dirty sheets on my bed. Then to top it all off I was overcharged for my terrible stay. No apologies were ever given to me until I said I was posting a bad review online!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank UStraveler034
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Upon arriving at the Red Roof Inn, Patty greeted us with a warm welcome and made checking in a breeze! She was pleasant and professional! Because of Patty, we will definitely remember to stay again on our next trip passing through Dayton. The room itself was clean and perfect for our overnight stay....it was just what we needed!

• Stayed March 2013
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Ive been working over the road for years now and every time I'm in the Dayton area I stay at the Dayton North Red Roof and I must say that every time is a pleasant one. I've never once felt like i treated like a number..Patty and the staff do an excellent job to keep feeling welcome and stress free. The cleaning staff have done a wonderful job.Every Room I receive looks and smells clean.If there was anything that i may have needed looking into the staff was on it right away. Really nice people there. Ive never had a problem.Would totally recommend for your visit to Dayton....sincerely,On the road. RB

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo