“Patty!”

Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Dayton, Ohio
“Patty!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I've been going to the same Red Roof Inn going on a year now, and the reson is Patty.Every time I go in I'm welcomed with a smile and a hello.Patty always has new story, each one topping the last.Most places I've gone it's the same old numb check in, not with Patty. I'll keep going back every time I whant a great room at a good price, and above all els the kindness of Patty.Thankyou Patty, you are the reson I keep comeing back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback and are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Dayton and glad to hear that Patty took care of you. She is a great asset to our property. We will look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the Dayton area. Kind regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I stayed one night at this hotel while I was on leave. The location was convenient only a five minute drive from the airport. The room was very clean. My air was on a reasonable temperature when I checked in, I didn't have to wait for it to cool down or warm up. In my book a a plus for sure. I slept great, it was quit and the bed was comfortable. The woman who checked us in was friendly. Clean, Comfortable, Affordable, perfect! When I travel to Dayton again, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jonathan L
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback and are so happy you enjoyed you stay. It would, of course, be our pleasure to welcome you back when your travels again bring you to our beautiful city of Dayton. Kind regards.
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The four rooms that I had. Two did not have air, they gave us another room and it was a storage room with bugs and was nasty. Never will stay at this place again. Four rooms mind you. This was very bad. I told the morning far that the rooms didn't have air. She said oh I'm sorry. The night person brought us a fan for one room.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank bubbabuck1972
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for sharing comments from your recent stay with us! we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel better, I have shared this information with the team and am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Again my appologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Kind regards
MARSHALLTOWN
Reviewed 21 August 2013

A nice little motel if your are on the ground floor (no elevator and outdoor steps).
Both rooms were really and comfortable, we really didn't find anything wrong with them.
The location is near the airport just south of I-70 and there are lots of restaurants nearby but not really what I would call within walking distance. It's worth $65 a night, but not really much more.
On our first stay they were having a price war with the Day's Inn next door and we only had to pay $48.58. Our second stay was $68.27, but that was pushing it!

KC

Room Tip: First floor, there is no elevator!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KCallen
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your recent stay. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay. I will make sure to share them with the rest of the team. Unfortunately during high demands hotel rates fluctuate greatly depending on the event. If we went up all the hotels would have gone up as well. We try to stay the best value at all times for the current market. If you have any flexibility in your travel schedule you are always welcome to give us a call anytime so we can share any hot dates you might want to avoid to help keep your travel cost down. Feedback from our guests is always welcome. I am so glad that you thought we were a nice and comfortable place. We sure hope to see you again in Dayton. Kind regards.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We got into town early and the hotel we had booked didn't have any availability until the next day so we drove around until we found a hotel close that had a room available.
I WISH WE WOULD HAVE SLEPT IN THE CAR!!!!!!!

It was about 3AM and we just needed a place to sleep for a few hours until we could check into the hotel we booked. We got inside the room, I had to go to the bathroom, flipped on the light and there was dark yellow dried urine all over the seat. There were hairs stuck to the towels and it smelled.

I go to the bed and pull the covers back and there are pubic hairs on the sheets and they (the sheets) are very wrinkled. It appears the "cleaning" staff just retucked the sheets and left them from the previous guest.

I will NEVER EVER give them my business again. TOO NASTY!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank shellsbells2013
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are training new team members and are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems that occured during your stay. I am deeply sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay at our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention and are very sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Kind regards. Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport.
Mason Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Due to my flight being cancelled I decided to stay near the airport rather than drive back 40 miles. I had my husband drop me off a the Red Roof Inn nearest the airport. You know what they say, you get what you pay for. I didn't pay much, and got just that. My room had gnats flying over the bed and basin. I called the front desk to find out if they had any spray to kill the pest. I was met with no, I don't have anything and I can't do anything about it. It's not always what you say, it's how you say it. When I checked out at 4 am the next morning I told the clerk then, she shrugged her shoulders, I kept it moving. Called the manager three times before I could speak to her about the situation. Might as well kept it to myself and just warned my fellow travellers on line because she all but called me a liar. I know what I saw, I know that I didn't sleep in the bed at all that night, I slept in the desk chair. Because they didn't see them, neither did I. So if you ever have to stay near Dayton Airport or at a Red Roof for vacation, go somewhere else. You won't be BUGGED!

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank SusanE1210
I wanted to thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am so sorry you were not comfortable. I do want you to know we are proactive with our pest control and do have two independent pest control companies one that pretreats monthly for variousy pests and another to inspect for possible pest. Although we did not find any evidence of pest later is does not change your experience. We never want any guest to walk away from our property feeling they did not receive the best value and experience. Please accept my sincere appologies.
Orwell, Vermont, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We really enjoy coming to Dayton-North Airport. Patty has been always been very helpful when we "pop in" without reservations. She always goes the extra mile, with just a smile and an enjoy your stay.

Thank you have having such great staff available to us the traveling public; it's always nice to feel that you have come home even though home is miles away.

Room Tip: We really enjoy the free internet, refrigerators, microwaves and coffeemakers in the room. Very nic...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us at the Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport. It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.