“Filth and Unresponsive General Manager”

Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Buffalo, New York
“Filth and Unresponsive General Manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Truly one of the worst and most disgusting hotels I have ever set foot into in my life. From having to skip over dog crap piles through out the entire grassy areas of the property to having paint peeling off of every room door, it was truly deplorable.

Friends of mine also staying had to have their rooms changed due to the initial room smelling like smoke. I contacted Red Roof about the stay and was told they never received my initial review, so I had to give them the information again. I also was enrolled into their frequent stay program without ever being asked. I did not appreciate having my personal information attached to a program I never agreed to joining. Below are the issue with my room:

1) Crumbs all over the counter above the refrigerator
2) Dust so thick on the TV base I could write my name in it
3) Microwave with dried on food on the door and walls
4) Half empty bottle of soda from previous guest in refrigerator
5) 1/4" thick of dust on lights above bed
6) Desk lamp that had no lamp covering, just wide open bulbs to illuminate desk area
7) Stained towel in bathroom
8) Room that smelled of smoke upon entry
9) Hair in bathtub

I can forgive minor issues, a bed not tucked in or missing coffee cups, but these issues should have made this room unsalable. I last responded to Janet W of the Red Roof almost a week ago and have not received a response back. She is obviously in the office as she responded to a post on here just yesterday. PLEASE skip this property and go across the street to the Days Inn or one of the other 40 plus hotels in the area.

Tony (over 20 years experience in the hospitality industry)

Room Tip: Rooms across the street at the Days Inn are your best bet!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DirtLover24
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I have to admit to some confusion here. I sent an apology. I responded to the other e-mails and issued a credit. I am unsure as to the answer you are looking for so I will apologize again so there is no misunderstanding. We did hear you and we do thank you for your comments and am deeply sorry for the inconvenience. As we go into our busier months we hire new people and although we try to be as diligent as possible there are times we make a mistake. When ever you check in to one of our hotels please feel free to call on us anytime during your stay should you ever find anything unsatisfactory in your room. We would love the opportunity to make it right for you during your stay. We certainly don't want you to be unhappy and telling us at checkout. We sincerely want our guest to feel comfortable and enjoy their stay in Dayton Ohio. Again I am sorry for any miscommunication and we wish you well in all your future travels. Kind Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

I thought I would give Red Roof another try since I am traveling with Pets. Sadly not a good idea. Room smells, has someones slippers under the bed as well as some rotting food. I am almost ready to leave and it is 2:30 am...unplugged fridge since it made too much noise, but the smell in here is pretty bad :( Yup have to say unless I know the Red Roof i will no longer select them as my main hotel :(

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sonjad135
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention. We are also very sorry for any inconvenience they may have caused you. It is our goal at the Red Roof Inn Dayton North to consistently provide superior service and accommodations so your comments are vey important to us. The feedback we receive from you, our valued guests, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you again for letting us know about your room and we will be looking into each situation. Kind regards.
Upton, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here in September while going to the Springfield Antique Extravaganza. We were pleased with the price and the room. Everything worked, was clean and quiet. Served our needs very well and was close to many restaurants and the interstate. Will be back next year!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We will look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the Dayton area and need a clean comfortable room. General Manager
Clarkston, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

You get what you pay for. I got a great price through a third party site which was booked about two hours before arrival. I shudder to think of what Dayton hotels must be like if this is rated as middle of the road. It was an extremely cold December night and the wall heater seemed to allow the temperature to vary by about 10 degrees before the thermostat activated, so we enjoyed a cycle of too warm, then too cold all night. The sheets were thread bare with a good variety of cigarette burns in them. The bath tub did not drain properly, so the second person to shower was standing mid-calf in murky water. However, my biggest pet peeve was not triggered as the non-smoking room truly did seem to be non-smoking, thus the 2 rating instead of a 1.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LO_Dragons
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I appreciate the feedback and bringing these problems to my attention. We are also so sorry for any inconvenience these situations may have caused you. Although we are renovated on a regular schedule, the last being June 2013, complete with all new bedding, carpets, drapes etc. we are a property with a few extra years to it and we are always looking for ways to improve and keep our guest happy. Thank you again for letting us know about your room and I will be looking into each situation. Kind Regards
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in room 127 on Christmas Eve and left Christmas morning. I did not enjoy my stay. Only thing I did enjoy was the TV. There were people every where outside being loud and even a fighting couple! This went on til 3 am. I then had someone beating on my door around 3:20. I have a 7 month old daughter who they woke up. The room next door had a couple who got their freak on for about 45 mins and then kept their tv at a very high volume the rest of the night. There was also a man in a VERY LOUD car who kept coming and going all hours of the night. Before leaving he would sit in it appx 10 mins and rev it up. He also stood outside my window on his cell phone talking loudly and cussing. Vending machines took my money. My door key had to be swiped numerous times before it took. My room smelled of smoke even though they said it was 100% smoke free. The toilet ran all night. The sink had a huge cracked in it. The shower head had build up on it and it barely had enough power to push out 5 streams. Light above my bed was out. There was dust and trash all under my bed. My pillow cases were filthy. There was also trash in the can under the sink. The ac/heat unit had nicotine stains in it and the mirrors had some odd white splatter on them in which I will not question.......... Terrible experience. Will not be staying here anymore. Girl at front desk was nice though.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Maranda S
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to my attention. I am also very sorry for any inconvenience they may have caused you. It is our goal at the Red Roof Inn Dayton North to provide a clean comfortable room so your comments are very important to me. The feedback I receive from you, our valued guest, enables me to target problem area's and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Please, at any time during your stay with any of our Red Roof Inns feel free to call on us at the front desk anytime day or night we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to help with any problems that you may encounter. Thank you again. Kind regards
Wooster, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were promised a non-smoking room and as soon as I opened the door I could smell stale tobacco. It smelled like a bar. There was a used wash cloth hanging on the shower curtain and quite a few long hairs in the shower and on the curtain. The light above the bed did not work. We will never stay here again!!

Room Tip: Check it out before you pay!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katherine C
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. I am sorry to hear about your stay. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention. We are also very sorry for any inconvenience these situations may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you again for letting us know and we will be looking into each situation. Kind regards