Knowing we were on a strict budget for our annual trip to Ohio, we were checking all the deals sites when we stumbled upon the Hawthorn for about $45 a night. Having lived in the area a few years back, I knew the area wasn't 100% (it certainly isn't bad, however), but I had a hard time believing that this place could be good for the price. But as we were staying for a week and needed at the very least a fridge and microwave, the thought of a full kitchen was a deal maker for us.
Arriving right at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, check-in was quick and painless. I found out that if you book through a 3rd party, your wyndham rewards won't be credited for your stay, but that this property at least will match whatever price you find online. So make sure you call to book your reservation if you want your rewards points.
Finding our room was easy, this property isn't terribly huge and all the units are arranged 12 to a building with about 6 or 7 buildings. Our suite was on the first floor in the back, so our view was the side of the Volvo dealership next door, but nobody comes to Dayton for the view. Our room was spacious, with a full kitchen stocked with all the cooking supplies you will need, a huge bathroom area and 3 closets. The bed was fairly comfortable, but not as good as some places I've stayed in the past. No complaints however. The room also had a fireplace, but you are required to use a compressed wood log (available at the front desk for $6 or walmart across the street for $3.75) and a nice living area.
This property has a no-smoking policy in the rooms, so if you smoke and its winter time, prepare to freeze. Of course, each bottom floor room has a patio area, so you have your own smoking area, but bring an ash tray for your butts. Wifi was easy to connect to and free, however it required a web-based password which made my Roku a pain to get working. Lucky for me, I travel with a spare router, so I got the Roku to work and was able to watch Plex and Netflix from the nice flat TV.
Breakfast is free and is buffet style. Each day was different, but they all had eggs of some sort, potatoes and a meat of some sort. Decent and free, but if you want gourmet, go across the street.
All in all, our 6 nights were pleasant here. I plan on staying here again in the future if a similar deal can be worked out. It was the perfect price for what you get. I'd pay a little bit more, but probably no more than $60 for this unit. My only complaint would be the upstairs neighbors. The floors are pretty hollow, so you can hear folks walking upstairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corporate hotel conveniently located at I-75 and Benchwood Lane offering free high speed internet, complimentary daily hot breakfast, Wednesday evening social hour. We are surrounded by restaurants, shopping and entertainment choices. All suites have a full kitchen and living room area with pull out sofa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites Dayton North Hotel Dayton
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dayton North Ohio