“Great room lied about the price”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
“Great room lied about the price”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was quoted at 84 a night and when I got there it was 94 and I was very mad at that I think u should get your phone crew people to get there stuff together and stop lieing to people and make them pay more other than the stay was nice and staff was friendly

• Stayed February 2014
Kathy L, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback to us about your stay at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced. Since the staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and a comfortable stay for all of our guests. In response to your remarks, I have met with the staff and reviewed our reservation policies as well as cleaning procedures and standards for professionalism.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Boynton Beach
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Christmas while visiting family. The two bedroom "penthouse" was quite spacious however we found the furnishings to be very dated and old including the bedding, televisions and kitchen appliances. The heating was hard to regulate...either too hot or too cold. The sofa bed was also very old and uncomfortable. The penthouse was perfect for a family and the price was reasonable however a updated makeover is definitely needed. The carpet also seemed rather dirty...definitely would not walk on it in bare feet!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Kathy L, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you so much for the nice review of our property. We are in the process of updating a lot of our furnishings. Please know we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.
Watertown
Reviewed 29 January 2014

And for longer stays. It is an entire suit with kitchen, living room, etc. for a good price, with good hot free breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that my staff took great care of you; your review made my day and I appreciate that. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed two nights at Hawthorn Dayton North . It was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was amazing. Eggs, sausage, gravy, as well as an assortment of muffins, bagels, and breads, cereal, and juice. The staff that we dealt with were very friendly and helpful. This is the second time we've stayed here and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are on the upper level and required a walk up wooden outdoor steps. Of course, Ohi...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast; your review made my day and I appreciate that. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I would recommend this hotel. It was clean quiet and very comfy bed. We even had a fire! Logs are $7 each but well worth it. We stopped on a Wednesday Night and there was a FREE social dinner ( stew, buns and homemade cookies yum ) The breakfast was great hot and cold, fresh fruit etc. coffee was amazing. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 2.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Kathy L, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that my staff took great care of you; your review made my day and I appreciate that. I love to hear you enjoyed the social so much! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Kathy
Berne
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The night I spent was fantastic!! The room was amazing and definitely worth what I paid! The only issue I had was a taxi ride from the airport was $30. I wish this hotel would have had a shuttle. I loved it here!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you so much for the nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like your's it always gives me great pleasure. My staff and I strive to make every guest's stay completely enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.