“Great place to stay. Our 3rd time here. Beds were a little...”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Dayton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Six family members stayed in three rooms for two nights. Staff responded promptly to strong cigarette smoke odor in non-smoking room assigned at check-in and unidentified bug in bed linens by moving us, in both cases, to different rooms. Staff also responded promptly to request to clean large area (approximately 10 inch square) of oily residue on table, also offering 3 free sodas, and to supply missing ironing board. Examples of poor maintenance: no phone service throughout stay; no housekeeping service on weekends; multiple instances of peeling paint; missing bathroom plug, missing privacy curtain on one side of a window. Additional examples of lack of cleanliness: bloodstain on duvet cover; small amount of food debris in refrigerator; dirty glass in cupboard, tacky (that is, sticky-feeling) carpeting throughout.
Very convenient to airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank teleyergnas
Kathy L, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that _the room was dirty and smelled of smoke. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, my team has been detailing the rooms. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel is in a good location, however the rooms are really outdated, carpets are dirty, furniture is old and I didn't have a overall good feel of cleanliness. I needed a extra blanket and I was told to turn the air off, we don't have any extra blankets and that I can walk to get a sheet. I would not recommend this place to anyone especially if you are traveling with small children.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank PatronPa
Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Pros: Nice breakfast buffet, good variety and breakfast area was clean. The kitchenette and bath area in our room was clean, and what I'd expect from a 2.5 rating. However...!

Cons: This is supposed to be a non-smoking facility but our room smelled musty and like old cigarette smoke. We are non-smokers, so that was a huge turn off! The window couldn't be opened and the sliding patio door had no screen so pulling in fresh air was a problem. We asked for another room since we wanted 2 beds (and clean air) and were told that's not an option since we used Priceline's Express Deals to book this. The carpet was torn, the mattress has seen better days, and the bedding for the pull-out sofa was stained and had holes. Thankfully I had purchased a sheet set earlier in our travels so we put that on the pull-out sofa bed for our children to use, and that made it feel clean for them. The towels were nice enough, but when I asked for 2 extra towels and washcloths I was handed the towels and told there were no washcloths available so we had 2 washcloths for the 4 of us. We were really disappointed in the quality for the star rating of 2.5. If there would be nice bedding for the pull-out, AND the room would smell fresh and clean, we could have overlooked the rest of it. But we won't be staying here again. Also be advised this place is across the highway from all the restaurants, and you have to take a little detour down a side access road to get across the highway. The outdoor pool is only open from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m, so get your evening swim in early.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MeadowlarkMusic

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly.I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I admit, I was skeptical when I saw the budget price listed for this hotel. We were planning a trip that required a night's stay on the road to our vacation destination and didn't want to stay at a pricy hotel and shell out big bucks before we even arrived to our destination. We were just hoping for a clean room for a good night's sleep. We weren't disappointed! This is an older hotel, 8 buildings with outside entrances for each studio-style room. The carpet is a bit worn and walls could use a fresh coat of paint, but cleanliness and service were top-notch. Staff was very attentive and went out of their way to make our brief stay very comfortable. The breakfast bar was great, also. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Great value that suited our needs just fine!

Room Tip: The buildings are numbered and it was hard to see the numbering in the dark when we arrived. The lo...