“Worth the stay!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one week, and it was awesome! The rooms were amazing. The beds were very comfortable, and you could eat off the bathroom floor it was so clean. The ac worked beautifully. The washers and dryers worked great. They have a business office that came in handy at least once during my stay. The pool was very clean. Breakfast here is awesome. Great tasting food, and it changed day to day. The staff was great. The owners take pride in this motel, and it shows.

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Clean, pleasantly decorated, room was quiet with great A/C, fast and efficient check-in and check-out, with great service in the breakfast room in the morning. We come to the Bradenton area three or four times a year and will be staying here from now on.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed 3 nights at this property visiting family in the Bradenton area while on leave. Had made reservations on Expedia as that rate was nearly $30 a night cheaper than on the hotel's own website, which is unusual. Anyway, checking in we are immediately confronted with a sign "the pool is closed 31July - 3August." So that becomes Strike #1. Kids are major-disappointed but we're close to some of the nicest beaches in Florida so we keep a stiff upper lip. After we haggle about room location with the Front Desk staff (sorry, don't like first floor rooms behind the Front Desk) we make our way up to the top floor and open the door. The housekeeping is noted to be only so-so. I found dirt and "things" (pieces of paper, unusual stains, sand) between the bed table and the bed near the bathroom. So that's Strike #2. Come on people, do a better job cleaning these rooms!! There is NO mystery behind this stuff!! PEOPLE LIKE CLEAN ROOMS. So we leave the hotel to do our activities with family and return late. Slept through the night alright despite the comfort of the beds (not the worst night's sleep but I sure have had better nights on more comfortable beds). Next morning, we went down to breakfast at about 8am to find it minimally stocked with food choices. As if the attendant (who seemed unhappy & unapproachable) wasn't really interested in doing her job and not replenishing when necessary. The hot cooked oatmeal? Stiffer than wet concrete on a hot summer day. And it was nearly gone. I'm scraping the bottom of the with the ladel and getting any amount out. Bagels? There were very few at all. Lots of room in the display case, but once again, not replenished by the attendant. And some items weren't labelled. Like the big dish of something, yogurt was it? We didn't try it to find out. And I have to say, the breakfast area wasn't organized or cleaned very well the first 2 days. The 3rd day, however, one of the managers staffed the breakfast room and it was DEFINITELY MUCH BETTER. Clean, well stocked with food items, the oatmeal wasn't concrete-like and there was plenty of it. Much better. So despite the pool being closed, the sub-average cleanliness of the room, the disappointing breakfast 2 of the 3 days I can only give it a 3-circle rating, and barely at that. In sum? Dont' expect much...

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the pool area are quieter.
1  Thank CaptainBlueSky1
Tom Y, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. We strive for excellence and customer satisfaction.

You booked a 15% off advance purchase reservation on Expedia which was also available on countryinns.com. When you book online at countryinns.com, clubcarlson.com or any of our hotel brand websites, you are always guaranteed our best online rate.

If you find a lower publicly available rate on another website within 24 hours of booking your hotel room on countryinns.com you receive the lower rate and a further discount of 25%. See the Best Online Rate Guarantee on our brand site for details.

By booking on our brand site, you are also eligible to receive an online booking bonus of 1,000 Gold Points plus 20 points per $1 spent.

On Wednesday morning, July 31 we discovered someone had fouled the water in our swimming pool and it needed to be sanitized. That can happen to any public or private swimming pool including the best hotels in the world. Our guests’ health and safety is a top priority. The water was sanitized and the pool reopened Friday morning August 2.

Thank you for pointing out we are close to some of the nicest beaches in Florida. Our nearby Siesta Key Public Beach is ranked #2 in the TripAdvisor 2013 Travelers’ Choice Beaches Award of the top beaches in the US, based entirely on feedback from millions of TripAdvisor travelers.

Siesta Key Beach was also ranked the #1 beach in the United States in the 2011 Best Beaches in America, by Dr. Beach, America’s Foremost Beach Expert.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I picked this place mainly because of the TA writeups. I called the hotel directly and spoke to Tami. She made an adjustment to the rate since we were in town for a funeral. This was very thoughtful.

Check in went smoothly - 'we've been expecting you'.

However, we did not get our room cleaned Saturday. We had the DO NOT DISTRUB sign out but we removed ot at 10:00am when we left for the funeral. The cleaning staff were still in the hall doing other rooms. When we arrived back later that night, our room had not been cleaned. Since we were so mentally exhausted after the family funeral, we didn't want to call the front desk. At check out, I told the gentleman but really didn't seem that concerned. He would discuss with management. He didn't offer to try to make us happy. Very upsetting.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were in Bradenton & Sarasota on vacation & were looking for a higher level hotel that was rated tops in customer service, cleanliness, safe and convenient. This hotel surpassed our expectations. All the staff made us feel at home, wifi available, many stores very close and they have agreement with local fitness center that offers all types of workout equipment. Rooms were VERY clean, quiet in the evenings and a very warm feeling. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We got married in Lakewood Ranch on a Saturday and although we live in the area we wanted to have some privacy before we left for our honeymoon on Sunday. I used my name for check in, but wanted to make sure my almost husband could check in before the wedding if he needed to so I stopped by during wedding errands to leave his name. I was offered the "honeymoon suite" at an extra charge but I knew we wouldn't be there very long so I declined. We checked in really late, no unusual stares at me in my wedding dress from the guy at the front desk at check in :). I've never stayed at a Counrty Inn before and I loved this place. The room was very clean, very comfortable, and a great size with a couch and sitting area. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful and check out was seamless. Definitely recommend this hotel in a heartbeat.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Tom Y, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

We are delighted you selected Country Inn and Suites for your wedding night and that you loved the hotel! You mentioned breakfast in the morning was wonderful! At all Country Inn & Suites the "Be Our Guest Breakfast" is a full hot breakfast buffet with eggs and breakfast meats, waffles served with china, metal flatware and glassware. It is a much better breakfast presentation that many other chains where breakfast is simple and served with disposable paper or Styrofoam plates and plastic utensils.

We sincerely appreciate your recommendation. Perhaps you would like to celebrate your anniversaries with us.

Tom Yorke

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Stumbled upon this little gem in December of 2012. Back now July of 2013. Very clean rooms, hallways and exterior. The free breakfast is excellent, staff is friendly and helpful. Close and convenient to shops, across the street from Publix, Bob Evan's and Lowes, if you should have any withdrawals for home repairs while on travel.
Nice common area with a fireplace and books to read during your stay.
We'll make this a place to stop at on our trips to the Sarasota area for sure.

Room Tip: Not that the Kids Activities are average, just didn't travel with little ones. The beach is abou...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with Country Inn & Suites Bradenton again. We appreciate your excellent TripAdvisor review. You mentioned the hotel is close and convenient to shops. Travelers also appreciate the many restaurants within walking distance including Gecko's Grill & Pub, Chickadee's Eatery, Cedar Reef Fish Camp and China Village all located in our shopping plaza. Texas Roadhouse recently opened at our intersection I-75 & SR70 exit 217.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Country Inn & Suites Bradenton on your future trips to our area Sarasota/Bradenton area.

Best regards,

Tom Yorke

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
Best Western Plus Bradenton Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Bradenton Gateway Hotel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West
Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota
Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota/Lakewood Ranch

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75? Share your experiences!