“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were in good hands with Tom and a colleague at the check-in! We got a very quiet room on the third floor (East side) and had a great night's sleep. This was a good location to visit Saratoga and the islands in the Gulf of Mexico, nearby. The place is very quiet and truly gives a weary traveller a quiet place to rest! Tom also made a few referrals to what turned out to be an excellent restaurant with fresh fish at very reasonable prices. Pretty good and free breakfast too. Highly recommended and high on the list of place to return too.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are super quiet and will ensure you a good night's sleep!
1 Thank FlyLudo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We were leaving Sanibel on Saturday to drive to Orlando Airport for a Sunday flight back home so we thought we would like to break the journey and visit the Ringling Museum site. Looking at the Club Carlson site we found this hotel and we could use some of the many points we had accrued over the past years travelling. Digital Desmond our faithful satnav system took us there without any problem and the first impressions of the hotel were very favourable. We were greeted at reception and checked in efficiently and our room was clean and spacious. We had eaten at a restaurant at the Ringling site so we had a quiet night; unfortunately the rest of the night was not quiet. At about 7pm we noticed loud noises near our room and at about 1:30am we were awoken by loud banging on doors and swearing! The noise went on for some time and then it went quiet. We can’t blame the hotel only the clients. When we mentioned it next morning the receptionist and she was very surprised because many of the people in the hotel are long term guests.

1 Thank highgreave
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stay here with my wife every time I go to Bradenton and no once we were disappointed. The rooms are spacious and very clean, the service is fantastic and the entire hotel is well kept and organized. At the front desk they always go the extra mile to accommodate our requests and to make our stay pleasurable. This is a quite place where we can relax. The location is a plus as beaches and restaurants are very close. Oh! I was forgetting the incredible free breakfast with a great variety of offerings.

1 Thank domenico c
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Our group has been here for over a month. The staff is very accomodating, the rooms are big and the property is very well maintianed. There are restaurants, a grocery store and shopping just accross the street, which is very convenient. We stay in hotels year round and this hotel is one of the best. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ceteacean
Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed a couple nights for vacation with the family and this place is very clean. The manager was accommodating to all our needs. The food was excellent for a country inn and suites. Everyone in the family had a good stay including the grandparents! I would highly recommend this place if you are around this area.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank rahibr
miami
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

VERY DISAPPOINTED... although I never fuss about hotels when traveling with my sons travel soccer commitments, on this occassion, I was disappointed with hotel. I did my research before booking on tripadvisor and found this to be a highly rated hotel. i was given option to reserve and i did. upon arrival, I was given a "handicap" room. i was disappointed with quality of room and bathroom as well. I immediately approached the receptionist and requested a change of room. she said b/c i had made my reservation thru Expedia, that there were no other rooms available. She added that if I would have reserved directly with the hotel, they would have given me all options at time of reservation and this would have been avoided. i mentioned that I would not like to take the room away from someone else who may need it and asked why I was being punished for using Expedia. She told me she would review with mgr since they had a king with jacuzzi available. I spoke to Expedia who called hotel and once expedia called the hotel, staff denied having any more rooms available, and i was unable to cancel without a one night charge. Bathroom does not look like photos provided on website. Also read on reviews that hotel was remodeled, yet receptionist clarified that hotel has not been, yet is only a 3 yr property. Property could well use a fix.

Room Tip: There are great hotels nearby, in better conditions, and less expensive. this room was $150 the nig...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank andreabb
Tom Y, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Expedia is a valued partner. We regret to hear about your disappointment in the room you received. We attempt to fulfill each of our guest’s requests to the best of our ability.

Your reservation was for a guest room with two queen size beds. The accessible room you recieved has two queen size beds. It is considerably larger than a standard room, with a larger bathroom and wide doors and has all of the amenities of a standard room, except for a walk-in shower instead of a tub/shower.

The hotel was fully booked with the soccer tournament. We did not have any other rooms with 2 queen size beds that we could move you to.

Best regards,

Tom Yorke
Tucson
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here in March to attend a triathlon held at and around Manatee Lake. We drove from Tampa to Bradenton and had no problem finding the property. Very nice hotel with easy check in and check out. Good breakfast. Very comfortable room. Quiet, plenty of room for luggage. Close to restaurants. Easy drive to Bradenton Beach with more restaurants and shopping and a gorgeous beach. Our son and daughter-in-law stayed there at the same time and liked their room, too.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the front may have outdoor lighting shine into the room around the drapes. Rooms fa...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family