“Much better than any hotel!”

Shorewalk Vacation Villas
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
San Antonio, Texas
“Much better than any hotel!”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

If you want to cook your own meals have plenty of space to spread out inside and have a place for your car right outside your door than this is the place. We are staying here this week and this is our 2nd time. My wife found this place and this is my 2nd time. Our son attends the IMG Academy and it's only a mile away. Grocery store a short walk away or a 2 minute drive. Everything is close by. Sarasota is minutes away. The place is loaded with amenities outside and inside.

The owners / Eric and Helen Povey rent their place and they have 4 to choose from. Every room has a LCD TV, WiFi, and Cable. The cabinets are filled with all the dinnerware and cookware you will need. Many of the former guests leave their cooking oils, spices ect so this is very helpful. In addition they have a closet full of beach chairs, games and even a used set of golf clubs on top of that they have baby cribs ect so no need to bring that. I would ask before you rent what they have already so you don't have to lug the extra stuff.

Bradenton is a small town not Sarasota but it works if you need a place to stay. I love the home away from home feel and Shorewalk is the place.

Room Tip: There is no Fitness center but just down Cortez (less than a mile) next to the Movie Theater there i...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Joseph R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This place was just OK. If we could get into our room...every night we stayed there, there were issues with the lock so we had to wait about an hour each day for them to let us in our room. They kept saying it was the batteries that needed to be replaced. Finally, our last night they said they needed to replace the lock. Also, appliances did not work ie. toaster and lamps/ outlets, only one rack in the oven, no ice cube trays, really bad shower pressure you might just want to bathe in the ocean instead! It would be nice to have blinds that weren't broken as well since I didn't enjoy outsiders seeing into our room as our blinds were broken. Yes you have dishes, towels, trash can, beach chairs, and a vacuum but not even a small thing of shampoo or dish soap available and no extra toilet paper. The bare necessitates would help their rating entirely! Nice little screened in patio but with broken chairs. Not that we came to watch tv but some kind of TV guide would be nice as well. Overall, It's an ok place, just be prepared to not expect quality or customer service.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Stephanie N
netherlands
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

been here quite a few times over the last years and every time we like it here.
quite nive appartement, friendly staff and only a 15 min. drive away from some of the best beaches around. . I am sure I will return

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dutchietraveler
Cathlamet, Washington, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I went to Shorewalk cause it was highly recommended from my son and wife.. His wife used manage the place years ago. My place was clean, looked good impressed. I went to make a call, no phone, so I called the office off my cell told Sonia the problem. I was told it would be fixed next day, maintenance man came, couldn't fix it.. Had to wait till Mon for phone. Then I go to bed, seen a little bug crawl out, looked and it was roach, pulled out the night stand, roaches babies.. Went to bathroom, turned on the light, baby roaches.. I called and talked to Sonia, they gave me can of spray to spray the babies.. Tues bug guy comes and sprays, mean time I have roaches.. Then closet door comes down.. My granddaughter is setting at breakfast table, grama what are those, I look and ants like you wouldn't believe.. I sprayed the ants, roaches .. Now I call talked to Sonia, she will talk to general manager.. I call again, says they will give you $40 gift card to Walmart!! I told her that is slap in my face, try something else.. Haven't heard back as yet.. We did walk around the place, its nice alright its the critters in the living area you have to tend to. I don't like roaches, ants I put everything in refrigerator to keep safe, I hope..
Hope all who stay pull things out, roaches come out at night.. I had them in the bed rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and living room a big mama.. I took pictures of all of it.. Have a safe stay..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Jo R
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2013

You couldn't ask for more for the price. It's a great value for the location and what you get. The pools are large and clean, the unit itself is large and pretty well stocked. The staff was wonderful-even the night security guard gave info on a fabulous side trip we would have never otherwise have taken. It is incredibly central to everything in the area.

The only downsides, and these were minimal, really. No weight room in the club house. The unit was a bit dated, but everything was in perfect working order. The speed bumps are a little annoying, larger than usual.

We will.definitely stay again and recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Angelica R
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 11 August 2013

It's not a hotel so don't expect any luxury, but still it is one of my favorite places to stay in FL. Everything is in walking distance, I have never been a big fan of Appelbee's but actually the one next door is great and they have 2 for 20. Other great places to dine in walking distance would be Outback, Thai Palace and there is Italian aswell but I have never tried that one. Publix is in walking distance and cinema.

Shorewalk has 2 swimming pools and 2 great jacuzzi. I prefer the swimming pool further from clubhouse.

Have stayed there for 2 christmas in a row and loved it. We are staying for a couple of days in Bradenton in January and we actually booked hotel next door because we like the location that much. Would stay here again but we are only 2 of us traveling and prefer hotel this time but would definatly stay here if we where suppose to stay longer then for couple of nights.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank c-cruisers
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Our family is here for the IMG program for our youngest son. The location of the apartment is extremely convenient for everyone in the family. Food, supermarket, LA fitness, cinema, dancing studio, bowling, health clinics, spa and nails, all within walking distance. We had a spacious apartment with great view, quiet neighorhood. Kitchen is well equipped for cooking if needed. If not, delivery order is convenient from papa johns and Chinese/Japanese restaruants.
It is only 20 minute drive to a great beach. And 40 minute city street drive to AMerica's number one beach.
We will definitely back again and stay longer...

Room Tip: We had a room facing the lake, great view and close to the pool
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dana_chan2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West
Best Western Plus Bradenton Gateway Hotel
Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort
Silver Surf Gulf Beach Resort
#3 of 12 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Shorewalk Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!