“Shame- Could have been so much better!”

The Links at Greenfield Plantation
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Shame- Could have been so much better!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

There are some lovely hole layouts on this course but it's overall condition was pretty poor, bare patches on fairways and inconsistent first cut made for a less than enjoyable round of golf. Relatively inexpensive compared to others in the vicinity but not worth the green fee payed.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Colin M

Courtepin, Fribourg, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The last time we played theLinks at Greenfield Plantation was two years ago. It was very nice and enjoyable to play. Having just played again I would never recommend this course. The fairways had weeds growing and we could not tell where the rough started and the fairway ended. The greens were in terrible condition though they rolled somewhat well, were in terrible repair. My brother and I both have had heart problems of some kind and absolutely need a good supply of water to drink. We were told we could not bring our own water but the staff reconsidered after we discussed with them. We can no longer take carts to our car to load and unload which is a little inconvience. When a staffmember was asked what happened to the course his reply was "We are sharpening our mower blades" ?? Will never play again until the new owners decide that this is a course worth maintaining - too many really good courses to play in this area and this is NOT one.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Doug H
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Improvement in progress”
Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice course that has been neglected and the new owner Tony has improved the greens. There is still work to be done on the tees and bunkers but it is looking beter. I like the challenges this course offers and the service is very good. I heard the grill has been improved but I didn't check it out. I will be checking this course out regularly. There are specials through facebook that I took advantage of and all you have to do is like on facebook to receive them.

7 Thank Chardo56
Marquette, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Pleased !”
Reviewed 11 January 2009

Myself and a group of about 7 others from Michigan have played this wonderful course each February for the last coming on five years. Always accomidating with special attention to any of our needs and fair about the pricing, too. We play 36 holes a day for a week straight and have never had a complaint. The couse fits our handicaps which range from 10 to 21. We love it here.

2 Thank jonsauto
Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“best value in bradenton”
Reviewed 17 February 2005

I have played the Links many times and I keep coming back. Wetlands come into play on every hole. I only hit driver on three of them as it's pretty much a target layout. The ponds can sneak up on you. Very interesting design with great variety; greens are good. Early bird special is a great value. When your golf game 'goes south' you can always bird watch and listen to the sandhill cranes. A must play!

2 Thank 142princer