“Peaceful Side of Florida” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shan-T Native Kayak Tours, Inc. - CLOSED

Shan-T Native Kayak Tours, Inc.
More attraction details
Owner description: Providers of guided Eco-Friendly Kayaking Tours.
Tampa, Florida
“Peaceful Side of Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Having gone canoeing many times, I was looking forward to my first kayak trip. And what an awesome one it was! Had never seen our mangroves up close. They were gorgeous as was the rest of our trip. Mark was great showing us the ins and outs of the kayak, pointing out wildlife and history of the area. Had many wonderful dreams reliving my trip. Thanks Mark.

Visited November 2013

Vancouver, Canada
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Beautiful trip but NO photos! :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I were so excited for this tour. We read that cameras were not to be taken on the trip because of getting wet. Once at the tour spot our guide told us to put our camera away in our vehicle because it would get wet. We hesitantly complied. We read on the website that the guide(s) would take photos and that we can go on Facebook to view the photos. At the end of our trip (we did not get wet, neither did the other couple on the tour), my husband asked the guide about photos and he said he didn't take any! So after all this experience NO photos to have as memories. So disappointing! :( We were (are) both quite upset about this as family also would have loved to have seen photos of our trip including the dolphins, hammerhead shark, sea horse and many birds (and of course the scenery. INSIST on taking your camera!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank jenna l
Shantkayaks, Owner at Shan-T Native Kayak Tours, Inc., responded to this review, 9 November 2013
I am so glad that you had a wonderful adventure. In regards to your electronic devices. We ALWAYS recommend guests NOT bring them on the tours with them. Salt water is very destructive and it only takes limited exposure to ruin equipment. At the end of the day it is your decision whether or not you bring them. We have had the unfortunate situation of several lost and/or damaged cameras and phones on our tours and it has always ended with a very upset guest. We seem to be wrong in the end with either choice. On the day of your tour, our camera failed to work. Even a waterproof camera can fall victim. We make no claims to guarantee pictures and it really saddens me that you blame us for caring about your gear. I will leave it this away. You brought a very expensive camera...what kind of post would you have left had you dropped it? or flipped your boat over?
Lakeland, Florida
“Peaceful and relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Myself and 2 friends went on the Exotic Mangrove kayak tour. It was peaceful, relaxing and a wonderful way to de-stress on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. The scenery was gorgeous! Mark was our wonderful guide. He was very knowledgeable about kayaking and the wildlife, foliage and geography in the area. He also took really good pictures. My friends and I felt completely safe even when we went out from up under the mangroves and into the ocean because the water never got deeper than 4 feet. I highly recommend this tour!

Tampa, Florida
“Great Experience Exotic Mangrove Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We had a wonderful time and absolutely loved the exotic mangrove tour. We would like to have had the photos that were promoted on their website however. Otherwise, overall fantastic journey!

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Do It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We did the Exotic Mangrove Tour. Emerson Point Preserve, where this tour meets, was a little tricky to find (even with directions). We got there and Mark gave our group directions and important information about kayaking and where we were going. My husband and I choose to have a tandem kayak. Next time, I think, I would chose a single. We are not experienced kayakers. The singles are probably easier to maneuver. Anyway, we wasted no time running into the side of the mangrove tunnel where I had a personal meeting with the razor clams. My left leg was scratched from top to bottom. It was our fault and I was not seriously injured. Once we exited the tunnel we were in the open bay. Oh, did I mention that it poured down rain? That's okay. They promised that we would get wet but we didn't expect it before we got in the kayak! We saw many interesting things including sponges, sea pork, star fish and more. Danielle, Marks assistant, was great! We had a fun time dispute being flipped on the way back in through the mangrove tunnel. My husband's arm got caught on a branch. He managed to stay in the kayak but out I went! No harm done I I was just wetter than I was before the flip! Great fun time!