“Delicious - and would be even better for larger appetites”
Review of Stonewood Grill & Tavern - CLOSED

Stonewood Grill & Tavern
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Delicious - and would be even better for larger appetites”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We had not eaten at the Stonewood for perhaps a year. It seems that the prices have been bumped up significantly - or possibly our recollections from prior visits are in error. Featured steak dinners are priced from $31.50 (14 oz. ribeye) to $35.50 (9 oz. filet) to $39.50 (20-22 oz. bone-in ribeye) - but includes two sides. Fresh fish options were more reasonably priced - plank-roasted salmon $19.50, mahi-mahi $23.50, plus chef selections of lamb, chicken pasta and more at various price points. Something for everyone!

With that said, portions delivered to our friends and to nearby tables were generous and dishes well-presented. We opted for smaller meals. My wife had a chicken pot pie - delightful and delish. A friend recommended getting an appetizer order of calamari for an entree. The serving was larger than I could eat as a meal. the calamari was not the little ringlets of tentacles, but small "steak" pieces. Hurry, get there and order calamari. It alone was worth the trip.

Stonewood's service,and selection and food all were excellent. I'd only wish for a larger appetite, so I could make good use of a large steak and its accompaniments.

• Visited November 2013

Parrish, Florida
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Great food and service put pricey. Excellent choices of steaks and some seafood and the staff is very helpful an friendly. The food was very good but you pay for what you get.

Visited October 2013
Warwick
“No longer on our top 10”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We live right round the corner and were regular visitors. However, after our recent visit I won't be going back for some time and will stick with Bonefish. Prices have rocketed up with my fav dish of herb encrusted grouper now at $27. they tole us they had a new menu and had increased the size of some of the dishes, they really didn't need to do this at all as they have rocketed the prices by about 20%. My friend also found a hair in his dinner and my chicken was pink inside. Pushy waitress tried to sell us the most expensive bottle of wine, restaurant was dead and will be for the foreseeable until they do something about the price.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank bj02vak
Chicago, United States
“Classy steak place”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

After searching for a nice restaurant for our last night visiting relatives, I decided to give this place a try. We ate here on a Sunday night around 7:30 P.M. My wife and her brother had prime rib. My sister n law and I had the filet. You have a choice of two different sides and a large or small portion of steak. All the food and drinks were of excellent quality for the price we paid. One of the prime rib came out under cooked and not as requested. Our waiter quickly took care of the issue and all was well. This restaurant has a very cozy, comfortable ambiance, the service was great, and it is very well kept. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for, if you are expecting a great meal for the price, you won't be disappointed here. We visit Bradenton every summer, and this was the best restaurant experience we have ever had. Please give this place a try!

• Visited July 2013
Prospect, KY
“Great service. Fresh and upscale”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed filet, salads, lobster tail, smoked salmon, and soups. 2nd visit with the same excellent service going above and beyond to provide outstanding meal.

Visited August 2013