“I found it quite good”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Bradenton, Florida
“I found it quite good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Being from Chicago I have eaten in many Mexican restaraunts and like the food, service and atmosphere. The one star review below was obviously written by a competetor because it is one big lie. I find this better than Mr. Tequilla's though I like it too. Not only do I recommend it but am going there tonight. I will say that you will not find excellence here, just good food. Not much to chose from around here but this is a good one.

• Visited July 2012

Bradenton, Florida
“Great Food - Very Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

My wife and I go here frequently. The menu has many different options to choose from that I rarely order the same thing twice. We have never had a bad meal. Service is friendly and attentive. If I had any complaint at all, it would be that the food comes too fast. Last night I commented to my wife that I have waited longer in a McDonald's drive through than we waited for our dinner to arrive. The prices are very reasonable and they have different specials each night. The bar is being renovated right now so no alcohol for a few days but when the bar is open, those prices are extremely reasonable as well. My wife and I will have a bill in the low to mid $20 range after dinner and a couple of drinks each.

• Visited August 2012
Palmetto
“Won't be returning”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

came in for lunch to check out this fairly new Mexican Restaurant. This used to be a Hops Micro-Brewery restaurant, when in it's hayday was really good. Inside hasn't changed, and hasn't been uppgraded, except for Mexican/Myan wall art. Needs better lighting and a face lift, and some cleaning! Our lunch was served in about 15 mintues, which was fine. Of course, they serve nachos and salsa to the tables, and nachos were fine and homemade: however, salsa was a little off. Seems they put in tomato sauce, as it was sllightly thick but tomato sauce thick. They also served what appeared to be a chipolte salsa, and that was different.

We ordered the Chili Rellenos, which was swimming in greasy sauce, and just fell apart overcooked with an abundance of mexican cheese in a saucy mess. We also ordered the beef enchalada and taco lunch special. While rice and beans were fine, the enchalada was more like a tamale wrapper, and the taco shell seemed stale.

I would really like to see this place survive, as it is definately not a chain, and the food is home cooked, but they need to get their act together. Perhaps just going to their bar for drinks and nachos is the best for this place. We will stay away for dining. Service was fine.

• Visited June 2012
St. John's, Canada
“Absolutely Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

Visited here when we had a very lengthy wait at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Poblano's. We should have known what we were in for by the lack of vehicles in the parking lot, not to mention the fact that the inside of the restaurant could use a damn good scrub.

We ordered sangria, commonly served in Mexican restaurants, but all they had was a stale, bottled version. It was terrible, so we put it to the side and ordered soft drinks. Our food arrived less than five minutes after we ordered it, so I can only assume that it had been cooked in a microwave or sits in a steam line all day. Like the sangria, it was terrible.

Our server did not do a quality check while we were seated, nor did she inquire on the status of our meal when she took all five plates away without any of then being finished. When I say not finished, I mean not touched. Her total lack of concern, along with the terrible food, left quite a nasty taste in our mouths.

Orlando
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

We moved to Florida from San Diego 10 years ago and have spent much of that time searching for good Mexican food that reminds us of home. We were pleasantly surprised when we stumbled upon Los Cabos on one of our trips to Bradenton. The carne asada plates are large and delicious, and I really like the chimichangas and the fact that you can get them with shredded beef and not the ground beef that seems so prevelant in Florida mexican food places. The flavors are good and authentic, and the staff is friendly. The only thing is their chips always seem to taste a little stale. But their salsa is good. They have a very hot salsa if you ask for it. All in all, it's a very good restaurant that we try to visit every time we get down to Bradenton.

• Visited May 2012