“Los Cabos is closed”

Add it.
Los Cabos Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Los Cabos is closed and they are building a Lone Star Steak House on the property. I drove past what appears to be a new location for Los Cabos on 10th Street West in Palmetto, but have not been able to find out any information about when they will open.

1  Thank Ken K

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Driving by it, you could mistake this rather unassuming place as one of the hundred boring Mexican restaurants you come across in this area. Upon entering, though, you are welcomed into a restaurant filled with warm colors, music of the perfect volume and a warm smile. We were shown to our table immediately and our server could not have been friendlier!
Perusing the menu, we were pleased to see dishes such as quail and lengua... not your standard fare. Deciding to play it safe, we also decided to have simple orders - following the old adage that if a restaurant can't do simple food well, they can't do more complicated things, either.
We ordered an appetizer sampler and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. The food was hot, fresh and flavorful. We also received complimentary chips with two types of salsa.Even the platter was so filling that about half of it came home. Our main dishes (the beef burrito special) came out very quickly and it was epic. For $5.99, we each received an order of brown rice, fresh refried beans and a tasty beef burrito. The wait staff was attentive without being aggressive or lurky. Every part of our orders were brought out and were perfect. We even brought home enough leftovers for tomorrows lunches... we were stuffed in the way that good, fresh food will stuff you: where you know you can't eat any more, but you REALLY want to!
Please do yourself and your taste buds a favor... drop in. We've had some recent bad experiences with some restaurants in Bradenton, and Los Cabos made up for it.

1  Thank Anne H
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I have been leary about checking out this new restaurant. I feel like many Mexican Restaurants in the area could be on Kitchen Nightmares. So after driving by this place for months and months, last night I decided to stop in around 8ish for a carryout order. I stood and waited for someone to wait on me for a good 5 mins. I was about to walk out the door but was helped just in time. As someone had mentioned the inside has not changed much except for concrete pillars which take up floor space. There is an old display case showcasing deserts which I might add, I could not find anywhere on the To Go menu I had.

I ordered the Monday special, Enchiladas for $4.99 and added an order of Queso Fundido and I waited..........and waited....and waited.....and waited.

Finally, my order was delivered but I was missing the Queso Fundido.....so I got to wait some more.

By this time, I was not expecting anything great to come from this adventure. Finally, my queso fundido arrived and with it, I was given flour torrillas....and depending on the Mexican Restaurant could be the sign of a good thing or a bad thing.

When I got home, I immediately opened the queso fundido and found it to be the kind that you would put in tortillas and to my surprise there was minimal grease from the Chirizo. My Enchiladas had good flavor but that is where it stops. I am glad I only spent $4.99 because the beans where ehhhhhhhhhhh and the rice barely had a reddish tint. It was minute instant rice with no flavor whatsoever!

It confuses me why so many restaurants seem to think they can chince on sides and that is ok......the rice and beans can be the highlight of the dish.

Compared to what I have been getting at Mr. Tequilia as of late, I might just buy the Enchiladas but I would not eat in anytime soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Things must have changed since these reviews. I had the taco special, .99 on Thursdays. The shells were out of a box, and not even fresh. Sorry, I had to bust them on that. The .99 draft was very watery(Budweiser).
The chips and salsas were ok.
The rice was not home made and the refrained beans were out of a can.
The waitress was friendly and cheerful , but short changed us on our bill.
Best bet in the area would be El Sombrero, which I have been to a number if times.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

We had a good dinner on Sunday afternoon. The Mariachi Band was playing music and we really enjoyed. The watier was a little slow but that was fine as we were listening to the music. The pricing was alright but the parking lot is a mess. Service could be much better also. We will come back.