“Interesting place”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Bradenton, Florida
“Interesting place”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Food was great, staff is friendly and the atmosphere is...well..it's diferrent.

The place has alot of history and deep southern roots.

• Visited March 2014

Sarasota, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mediocre food in a nostalgic old Florida river front setting”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Linger Lodge is famous for its eccentric décor and old Florida casual ambience. And it does provide that, with its ramshackle od building featuring a huge screened in porch area facing the river and the adjacent forest. The setting is tranquil and beautiful. Being a year round resident of Sarasota since 2011 I finally got around to going to the Linger Lodge for dinner last night. I was hoping for some really good fresh FL seafood. Unfortunately the food was overpriced and mediocre at best. My dining partner and I chose 2 entrees (seared scallops and fried oysters). For $19 per entrée the scallop entrée consisted of 8 small pan seared scallops, a serving of luke-warm wasabi mashed potatoes, and some frozen peas with pearl onions, which the waitress had said were going to be fresh peas. The fried oyster entrée consisted of 8 small fried oysters and 2 sides. For $19 entrees the portions of the seafood were very small, as were the entrees overall, and not very good. There are much better places to go in the Sarasota/Bradenton area for seafood, such as the 3 locations of the Anna Marie Oyster Bar, where the portions are much larger, more reasonably priced, and better prepared. My advice would be to skip the entrees and just have a beer and maybe an appetizer and soak up the ambience. Or just park in the restaurant/campground parking lot and walk down to the river in front of the lodge and take in the tranquil river view then head somewhere else to eat.

1 Thank Dan W
Pinellas Park, Florida
“Exploring down by the River”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I took my whole family last Saturday evening to the Linger Lodge. It was out first time there, we had been wanting to go and check it out. It was definately a great night, we enjoyed the decor and the people were friendly to us. The food came out quick and the Gator bites were very good, they disappeared off the plate really fast. Dinner came out quickly and was a quality seafood dinner, just what we had hoped.

We are definately going back, even though it was a 45 minute ride South from home, it was a fun dinner out with the family.

1 Thank FloridaView
Bradenton Beach, Florida
“Guess you pay for the view!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was our 2nd time to the Linger Lodge. We took family our family from Missouri. They enjoyed the exotic decor. Sadly we all had burgers because the grouper's market price was ridiculous! They wanted $18.99 for a Grouper Sandwich....really!!!! Are we in a short supply of gulf grouper or what?

Bradenton, Florida
“Average to Poor Food; Dirty Interior”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Each Wednesday a group of us pick a restaurant we have not been to, and check it out. Last night was the Linger Lodge. Disappointed is the best I can say for a restaurant we had heard quite a bit about. First appearances from the outside did not make one want to enter. The inside is as advertised with mostly a bunch of stuffed snakes. The door leading from the interior to the the patio was so dirty and sticky my hand was almost stuck (Made one wonder how clean the kitchen is). We sat outside on the patio which was very pleasant.

The server was good. The food and drinks were not. Ordered a beer - it was cool to warm. Ordered the Monterey Chicken which is chicken, cheese, bacon and bbq sauce. The Chicken was so overcooked it was like chewing on beef jerky (once you were able to saw through it). The bacon so undercooked I felt like I was waving a flag. The Wasabi Potatoes were okay, but could have been a bit warmer. The best item was the green beans.

Other items ordered by our group included Beer Bratz - rated cold, small, single Bratwurtz served with "burnt" sauerkraut on a large, dry hoagie roll or Terrible), Linger Lodge Etouffee - rated average to OK. Lasagna - rated OK.

The Blackened Catfish and Alligator Chowder were both rated very good to excellent.

Prices are too high for the quality and portion sizes provided

Due to the size of our party (7) a gratuity was added to the bill. Didn't bother me as I always tip higher than 20% if the service is good. My tip method is tip on the service provided, not on the food preparation as the server doesn't cook the food.

Summary: I won't be back.

• Visited May 2014